I hurt Hubby's feelings

Options
2»

Replies

• supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    From here on out, ask him sweetly to please purchase a gift for you without you there to be able to intercede.
    If he then chooses to surprise you with a gift, accept it graciously. (and don't return it later, that is just rude)

Your husband wants to show you he cares for you and desires to give you something special, to let you know he is thinking of you.

You. Are. Worth. It.

:heart:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    From here on out, ask him sweetly to please purchase a gift for you without you there to be able to intercede.
    If he then chooses to surprise you with a gift, accept it graciously. (and don't return it later, that is just rude)

Your husband wants to show you he cares for you and desires to give you something special, to let you know he is thinking of you.

You. Are. Worth. It.

This is so true. Besides, your kids are only babies, it is not like they will remember when you gave them one less gift so you could get your husband a gift! You both are worthy people and deserve a gift now and then!

But since it is too late now, why don't you tell him your feelings on it and say, "let's buy each other a gift next week/Valentine's day."
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I agree with apologizing and asking him next time to get it alone. I also think its good for your kids to see you get something too as it teaches them about giving as well as receiving. If that makes any sence.
  • baldchocnsexy
    Options
    Listen you have a lot of wisdom here. But remember allowing someone to experience the act of giving is not a negotiating process. In other words, the choice of his gift to you is not a two-person transaction. Merry Christmas!
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

You. Are. Worth. It.

O, this :)

Oh lady - let someone spoil you sometimes, or even spoil yourself - with a gift, with a compliment, take it graciously! Nothing wrong with being given gifts or/and being pampered! You know you do deserve it, don't you?
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. I hate when stuff like this happens.

Apologize to the hub. He was trying to take care of you and being nice.

Remember when someone gets you a present it is about them and not about you.

Think of something nice to tell him how much you value him next week.

hugs.. I am sorry you feel bad.

Perfect advice, especially "remember when someone gets you a present it is about them and not about you."
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Were you wrong? I honestly don't think you were wrong, but then again I said the same thing this year, everyone asked me what I wanted and my response was "for my kids to have a good Christmas." My husband never gifts me so it wasn't a big deal. I made him a hat.

If you feel guilty about it apologize to him, let him know that was not your intent to hurt his feelings.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    It's as important to allow others to bless us as well as be a blessing to others. When we take that opportunity of blessing away from them it prevents them from doing good will. I understand completely where you are coming from and I don't think you were wrong so much as unaware. I would let him bless you next time. It's really not a bad thing and to know he appreciates you.
  • baldchocnsexy
    Options
    "My husband never gifts me so it wasn't a big deal. " Are you kidding?