31g protein ICECREAM ONLY 5g carbs.. Is ths real life??

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. That is all.

Edited to add, can you make a bigger batch and just keep it frozen in a container? Of course, shaking it for a few minutes every time you want a scoop would make you think about whether you really need a treat. Haha

Also, I would just like to say... 97 pounds?!?! Holy crap, man! You're a machine!
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    omg that sounds AMAZING!!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

Edited to add, can you make a bigger batch and just keep it frozen in a container? Of course, shaking it for a few minutes every time you want a scoop would make you think about whether you really need a treat. Haha

Also, I would just like to say... 97 pounds?!?! Holy crap, man! You're a machine!

Thanks I don't see why you couldn't make larger batches. I used an ice cream maker and ill try to put some in the freezer to see how it holds up!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options

Thanks I don't see why you couldn't make larger batches. I used an ice cream maker and ill try to put some in the freezer to see how it holds up!

Yay. Considering I don't even own protein powder yet (I know, I'm such a noob), I'm glad you're experimenting for me.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Yum. Thanks!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    anyone made it and actually taste good? why almond milk? why kosher salt?
  • Segrande
    Options
    I've tried making ice cream using that ziploc method before, turned out a little icy/watery but still wasn't too bad! Will have to try it with protein powder. Thanks for sharing! :3
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    anyone made it and actually taste good? why almond milk? why kosher salt?

I've made it twice now. I prefer it with vanilla soy milk to be honest. The salt is only needed if you do zip lock bag method and you can use rock salt as well just most people use kosher salt and have it in their homes already.
  • lessac
    lessac Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Awesome recipe, thank you! I'll try it with my ON double rich chocolate!
  • juliagulia624
    Options
    Bump!
  • anelahm
    anelahm Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Okay stupid question, But I have never had to buy almond milk before.... where do you buy it from :S haha
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I will definitely have to try this out.Thanks!
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks!
  • rachaelsue
    rachaelsue Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Okay stupid question, But I have never had to buy almond milk before.... where do you buy it from :S haha

Most grocery stores have it. I know I can get it from Wal-mart, Hy-Vee, PriceChopper, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's around here. It's with the Soy Milk. You can also use Soy Milk - vanilla.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Just made a batch of this with Gaspari's new Cinnamon Roll protein and it was ULTRA yummy.. All I could taste was frosting flavored icecream. My 2 year old finished my bowl off when the phone rang. I came back and my bowl was empty with it all over his face.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    ty for this! i cant wait to try it. almost makes me wish i had a proyein powder in a fancy flavor. just plain vanilla right now ;/
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    ty for this! i cant wait to try it. almost makes me wish i had a proyein powder in a fancy flavor. just plain vanilla right now ;/

Actually Vanilla is one of the best for this recipe! I just don't like drinking Vanilla powders so I rarely buy them anymore. There is only like 2 brands Vanilla protein powder that I can drink more then a couple of a day. Yet for cooking, baking, and making stuff Vanilla protein powder is the bomb! Now remember to look at the Carbs on your protein powder as that will change the number of carbs in this recipe.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

Actually Vanilla is one of the best for this recipe! I just don't like drinking Vanilla powders so I rarely buy them anymore. There is only like 2 brands Vanilla protein powder that I can drink more then a couple of a day. Yet for cooking, baking, and making stuff Vanilla protein powder is the bomb! Now remember to look at the Carbs on your protein powder as that will change the number of carbs in this recipe.
    thats true :) it just happened to be the first time i bought any and i just picked a bag up at costco hehe
    and i think it only has 3 carbs