SOOOOOOOO HARD!

Options
Hi everyone, haven't exersiced for over a month now! I don't know what happend. For nearly a year I have been exercising minimum 5 days a week and was so happy with the changes and results i got, but now......????????? Did anyone experience the same? How did you motivate yourself? For now I decided to concentrate not to gain any weight and start in January to loose the last 8 kilos.. A month ago I would have replied to someone posting what I just did: WHY WAITING!START NOW! YOU ARE READY!
But it is sooooooooooooo hard.I try and eat healthy at least but no MOTIVATION. Can somebody help? Thanks and HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Replies

• LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I just joined a gym a few months ago. I have totally slacked off. Here I sit in my workout clothes and do nothing. I need to go. I am retired and have plenty of time, plus my doctor ordered the bike to prevent hip replacement. If you get answers please share.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You have to believe in yourself and know that you can do this. It can get hard at times, but a winner never quits. Baby steps is the key. Set a date when you want to start again and commit to that date, I don't care if you have to do 10 minutes of workout. Guess what, 10 minutes of workout is exercise. Things will get easy for you again. It seems hard now, because you have stopped. Standing still will make things seems hard. Get to moving. I'm here for you, if you need a health cheerleader. I love motivating and encouraging people.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    If I only exercised when I wanted to, I never would. I usually have to tell myself to just shut up and DO IT. LOL.

I'm sure you'll find your motivation - or just do it. ;)

Good luck!
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just need a break, it's ok to have a break. Sometimes your body needs a break, everybody is different :)

Russ
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you maybe needed a break but it also sounds like you want to get back into it...start slow with just walk and see what happens!! Good Luck!
  • carriedavis77
    carriedavis77 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people.... "why wait till Jan"?!?!? that makes no sense! Start now! This is your life not a dress rehersal! :)

Ok.. now that I've got that out of my system hehe

I do know the feeling of "dropping off the band wagon"... and I do know the feeling of taking it back and pushing for more! It all starts with you my dear, no one can want it for you... no one can do it for you.... this truley is your life and you will get back what you put into it!

You can do it... walk on the treadmill for 45mins today... then do lots of stretching, make today your start day! *hugs*
  • geraldm55
    Options
    I so know what you are going through.

I've always been a very goals orientated kind of person. set a goal and destroy it is the way I approach stuff. I set my goal to hit my weight by Christmas and was blessed with doing that. the problem was once I hit it, I started to float. I was still watching my calories and as a result maintained my weight, but I wasn't getting off my butt and exercising.

for Christmas I asked my beautiful wife to get me exercise related items, She bought me the insanity system as well as a couple of other dvd's. insanity is a 60 day program and I'm loving it and will crush it. I've already decided that when I'm done that I'm getting P90X2 and will do that for 90 days.

I'd recommend that you do something like that also. We can accomplish anything once we set our mind to it. Just set the goal and than go after it.

In His service
    Gerald
  • criscros08
    Options
    YEAHHHHHHHH,thank you all so much for your replies and I am happy to announce: I JUST FINNISHED BEING 40 MIN ON MY CROSSTRAINER!!!!! Reading your replies I thought: Carrydavis77 I can do it, why wait, just get off the Sofa and do it.

Gerald: I started to lose wait in January 2011 with Insanity, but after a month in I injured my back. Started then Chalean extreme and love how that program changed my body. Love these programs especially because I can do them when my little one is in bed.
    Will start Chalean in January again.

Congratulations to you all, as I can see you all are doing great.
    Thanks again and take care.cris
  • carriedavis77
    carriedavis77 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! That's freakin awesome!! *high5*
  • perricummings
    Options
    I too can feel my motivation slipping away after the Christmas sloth and over indulgence! But I'm going too start today! I'm going to pack my food and head to the zoo so I still feel like I'm on holiday but I'm getting some much needed walking in. I try to book my weeks activity into myfitness at the beginning of every week so I feel obligated to do it, and seeing how many calories I gain from it is a real motivator. Would love to help each other through this exercise rut. Px
  • Andrea7701
    Andrea7701 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I, also have slipped these last couple of months of the year. I have been good majority of the year up unitl October. I exercised today and plan to stick with it. I have only gained a few pounds back, which I find amazing. I am still 20-25 pounds from my goal and am hoping that my body and metabolism will kick in to high gear from this long rest that I've given them and be ready to get rid of some fat!! That is how I'm looking at it anyway. You can do it!!!
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    I know how you feel! I had surgery the first part of November and have just been released to get back to doing my routines at the gym. While I enjoyed the break, I can say that the lack of exercise made me munch more and put on a few pounds. I think a break now and again isn't a bad thing and, hopefully, makes us realize how good we feel when we do exercise. Like Nike said, we gotta "JUST DO IT!"
  • cavaaller_85
    cavaaller_85 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Usually when I don't want to work out, I think to myself, "I've never regretted going to the gym. If I can just get myself there, I'll at least do more than if I stay home." So, can you at least get yourself to the gym? That's half the battle, and no matter what you do, you won't regret it!
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel - and although I only went to my last pre-Christmas aerobics class on Saturday morning it feels like ages ago - I feel so lethargic and have eaten so much (well not really that much, just compared to how how much I usually eat.)

I wonder though (and this is only a question for you to ponder, not saying one way or the other...) if it has more to do with what your exercise routine is? You mentioned that you are really happy with the results and your progress, but when you are exercising are you genuinely enjoying yourself or feeling like you are going through the motions to get these great results? I think if you don't enjoy your classes/routine then it might be time to change them up and challenge your body in a different way perhaps? I see so many miserable faces in my pump classes - they come week after week but don't seem to be having half the fun I'm having. I know that if I didn't enjoy every class I went to (meaning of course that they are not all easy fitness-wise, some of them I work my butt offf in) then I wouldn't be able to keep up my motivation to go. So maybe all you need is a change of routine???