Tonsillectomy and ear surgery... Survival tips?!

Options
sarahcav123
sarahcav123 Posts: 128 Member
Hey everyone... I'm 19 years old and getting my tonsils removed and having surgery on my ears as apparently my ear drums have started to collapse?!
So anyway, I've heard so many horror stories about the recovery of tonsillectomies... so was just wondering if anyone has any survival tips? :smile:

Also, weight loss... I've heard you lose quite a bit of weight after the surgery. Any advice for the maintenance of this loss?

I'm super nervous for this procedure, so any ideas would be muchly appreciated!
Thanks!

Replies

• shady1987dre
    shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Not sure, im getting mine removed on the 18 of next month the dr said ill be out 2 weeks and lose 15 pounds (not bad).

Some people i asked that had it done said it not that bad and im being a big baby, they were better in a week.
  • xxrainxx
    xxrainxx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    oh im getting mine out on valentines day :o(
    ive read all the horror stories but most people only write up when something goes wrong when nothing goes wrong people dont bother sharing so im hoping it wont be as bad as i think its going to be

Hope ye both get on ok :smile:

as for weight loss id say definatly with not being able to eat but im sure it will come back on quickey so ill be defo trying to maintain it :happy:
  • springermad
    Options
    I have had my tonsils removed and I would advise you all to eat toast to remove the dead skin and white stuff at the back of the throat following the surgery, I was advised to do it but it hurt to much so I avoided it and ended up being rushed back in with an infection and a bleed due to me not following doctors orders. Silly me x