How do we feel about Curves (gym)?

Options
cab2424
cab2424 Posts: 122 Member
I am curious how people feel about curves? if they like it or not? I was looking at it today and I know it is a workout but is it much cardio or just toning?

Replies

• cab2424
    Options
    I am curious how people feel about curves? if they like it or not? I was looking at it today and I know it is a workout but is it much cardio or just toning?

• chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i was a member at one time and loved it, i just feel off the wagon. i know at least three ladies who have lost a ton of weight going there
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think that it is circuit training. So, a few minutes of both for a stretch of time. I checked into it once, but I prefer to workout at home.
  • Lowenna1
    Lowenna1 Posts: 22
    Options
    I've never actually been as I prefer to exercise on my own but my doctor advised me to go to Curves to help with a metabolic disorder which I have so he obviously rates them. Hope this is of some help.
    :smile:
  • Nessc
    Nessc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Check out this thread. These folks all go to Curves and they are online workout buddies. They could probably answer any questions you have about Curves. Hope this helps!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/47503-curves-for-women-members?hl=curves&page=1#posts-505048
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I loved it when I was doing it. I fell off the wagon when I had my kids (they don't have a childcare center) so I now workout at home and take walks with my kids. I lost about 30 pounds with the workouts. I didn't follow the diet part, it was basically a low carb diet.
  • cab2424
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I have heard it is a good way to get started but at some point you will remain at the same point. By that I mean that I believe their circuit training is set to only go to a certain level of fitness and you will have to switch to a gym in order to progress after awhile.

Never hurts to go do it though :flowerforyou:
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I dont know much about it, I looked into it briefly, but the center near me was tiny and I was thinking doing the same thing all the time would get boring. I think I had a bad rep who was showing me the place.
    Now that I've been at my gym for a long time, I know my routine and I absolutely must have a ton of options out there for me or I get bored, unmotivated and wont go.
  • cab2424
    Options
    I went tonight for the first time and will go for thirty days. But I do not think that this is for me. I hardly broke a sweat. I came home and did aerobics to feel like I really did something. I think this is due to the fact that I have been running on the elliptical and I feel like I do more. But I think it will be added toning.
  • KimberlyKurtz
    KimberlyKurtz Posts: 287
    Options
    The first time I went to curves four years ago I lost 25 pounds and a lot of inches. I left curves because i moved to new area and really didn't like the one by my new house. After I got married and saw that i wasn't doing much weight traning so I went back to the local cuves where I moved to again. I was there a year and lost no inchs or pounds this time around. i even tried there smart curves that shows you how hard your working as you do the machines. I enjoyed it the first time around and saw results but the second time I went I didn't get results and felt I was working harder. I persoanlly feel that if you not used to working out you'll see results and lose weight. I heard once you keep doing the same movements over and over your muscles get used to it so you really aren't working them.
  • KimberlyKurtz
    KimberlyKurtz Posts: 287
    Options
    oh it's also more weights then a good cardio workout.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I like it. I've been going for years & I live in a small town without many gym options. There are women of all sizes & ages, working at a variety of levels at our Curves. I usually burn 350-470 calories in my 30 minutes. It's great for me. I'm not ready to go to the gym with the high intensity/singles crowd.