Looking for support and motivation

Options
Hi my name is Sue and I'm new to MFP! I've used the mobile app before but have not stayed consistant. I'm looking to change my ways!! I need to lose about 30 lbs. My mini goal is to lose 15 lbs by end of Feb. I recently started going to the gym and i'm actually enjoying it. I have only been doing cardio about 3 miles on the treadmill and about 5 on the bike. Would love some friends to help me stay focused! Need friends who will be tough on me!!!!

Replies

• pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    15 lbs in 2 months is pretty ambitious. You might want to consider setting a more reasonable goal.

BUT...

It can be done if you are really driven to track everything, get in a good, long workout every day and eat only healthy things.
  • skedzie
    skedzie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well it's less than 2 pounds a week so I feel its reasonable and I am motivated! I will be happy if I'm at least close....
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    Options
    Hi Sue!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    You may friend me. Keep at it - you are going in the right direction.
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you'd like. I'm aiming for 5 pounds loss (mini goal) in 3 weeks. I have a formal dinner to go to, and would sure like to not look like a sack of potatoes! After that, maybe 1- 11/2 pounds a week.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Well it's less than 2 pounds a week so I feel its reasonable and I am motivated! I will be happy if I'm at least close....

I'm on about the same track. Staying on 1200 net has been really hard (especially during the past 2-3 weeks & Thanksgiving). I've managed to stay close by upping my workouts (the day after TGiving I did a 56 mile bike ride & I've been doing 2-a-day's every day for the last week except for Christmas Day).

It is far easier to hold to the 1200 limit if you avoid high-calorie content foods (rice, pasta, beef) and load up on lower calorie choices (chicken, grilled vegetables, salads w/o dressing, fresh fruit) at mealtimes. For snacks, my strategy has been to keep loads of fresh snack veggies in the house and if I have 200 calories left at bedtime (usually requires 60 minutes of exercise to have them...), I 'll treat myself to 20 or 30 shell-roasted peanuts.

Oh, and homemade vegetable soup with nothing but chicken broth and veggies is good to have on hand - a huge bowl is only about 100 calories. Using good fresh veggies with lots of flavor like yellow squash, endive, Brussel sprouts can make it quite tasty.
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me.
  • KLynnBear
    KLynnBear Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    With diet and exercise changes combined I think you'll see amazing results by Valentine's!

I am working on keeping close track of everything! I lost 50 pounds four years ago (gained 25 back that I'm working on now) and would KILL to have notes to look over and see what I was doing that was working so well! Sigh.

My advice, track everything and be willing to make changes if what you're doing isn't working.
  • skedzie
    skedzie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I will send you a request - I can't believe the support and friends already! WOW I love this site. I was going to go back WW which worked for me years ago but I can't make it to meetings and I didn't feel the website offered as much support. I feel I made the right choice with MFP!
  • SilleSix
    SilleSix Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Any goal is possible if you want it bad enough! Please add me as a friend :o)
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hey there! You came to the right place for support and motivation! Feel free to add me. I am on daily (except in the upcoming new year holiday stretch) and have found this tool to be super useful in meeting goals and setting realistic goals at that. I'm diligent about tracking and my food diary is open. Good luck to you and "see" you around!
  • masaladosa
    masaladosa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I keep falling off the horse too. Feel free to add me. Good luck :)
  • RNatalie83
    Options
    Hello! I am looking for lots of support and motivation. Feel free to add me!
  • lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey I you can add me as a friend and we can help each other goin!