The force of H2O

Options
It is a proven fact that when individuals are forced to do something they do not want to do, they will rebel against it. Drinking water can be harder when you feel forced to do it. The only way to to help your lifestyle change is YOU have to may it fun. It is not anyones responsibility but YOURS. If you want to be healthier stop coming up with lame excuses. YOU are a strong person, so stop acting like the weakest link. Tell your fat GOODBYE and not WATER or a new YOU!

My advice....add lemon to your water. I love to use the Sugar Free Hawaiian Punch Singles. These are similiar to Crystal Light, but cheaper.

In all reality, JUST SUCK IT UP and DO IT! (your body will love you for it)

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Or just drink whatever you enjoy. Same results.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly tea. I like water and drink it sometimes but I like tea better so that's what I drink most often. As long as you are drinking something it's all good.
  • PinkGamer
    Options
    For me it only took an awesome new water bottle :heart: It is a camelbak with the tip that you bite. It is one of the few I have found that is easy to drink from while working out but it DOESN'T LEAK!!!!!!!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I weaned myself into plain bottled water cos I thought it meant I had to drink 8 cups of plain water a day!

First started with food and having food at same time and making things like ribena gradually weaker, or I'd have drink of squash and drink of water... then easier once i found a bottled water I didn't mind taste of (started with the flavoured waters too - Volvic lemon and lime) and dilute that with plain water and eventually got to drinking just water.

Usually I have a Yorkshire Tea first thing then water, maybe tea with lunch, then water till dinner time. In winter i like an hot chocolate when its really cold. At weekend I treat myself to a Brandy and Coke! (max 2 singles in 2 days).. usually I get one can of coke so only have enough to have half of it one day with brandy and half the next!
  • SimpleStepsHealthCoach
    Options
    When I first started I absolutely hated water. I was so use to sweet drinks and I came up with every excuse in the world not to drink plain old water. From ice tea, to "healthy alternatives" - I tried them all - anything to avoid water.

For health and dietary reasons, I slowly incorporated water in my life. I started with a simple half glass of water with my daily vitamins and worked up to a tall glass. Then, I added another glass after dinner and one after lunch. I moved those to before lunch and dinner and noticed that I started to drink only water during the meals. Today I average over 100oz of water a day with no problems. Water is now almost an exclusive thirst quencher for me complimented with homemade tea and coffee. No longer do I crave or even have a desire to indulge on the sweet or "healthy" alternatives.

In short, I agree with Najay. When adding more water to my lifestyle not only did it assist in boosting my overall health but also aided in the weight-loss battle.

I also agree with PinkGamer, having a awesome water bottle helps as well! Personally, I love my Klean Kanteen =0)

Good luck out there and drink up!
    y.
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It is a proven fact that when individuals are forced to do something they do not want to do, they will rebel against it. Drinking water can be harder when you feel forced to do it. The only way to to help your lifestyle change is YOU have to may it fun. It is not anyones responsibility but YOURS. If you want to be healthier stop coming up with lame excuses. YOU are a strong person, so stop acting like the weakest link. Tell your fat GOODBYE and not WATER or a new YOU!

My advice....add lemon to your water. I love to use the Sugar Free Hawaiian Punch Singles. These are similiar to Crystal Light, but cheaper.

In all reality, JUST SUCK IT UP and DO IT! (your body will love you for it)

EXAAAAAACTLY! :drinker:
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    For me it only took an awesome new water bottle :heart: It is a camelbak with the tip that you bite. It is one of the few I have found that is easy to drink from while working out but it DOESN'T LEAK!!!!!!!

Same for me, I got a Bobble bottle (waterbobble.com) from Best Buy [this was an impulse buy BUT I LOVE IT!]
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Or not at all.

You do not need to drink water to be hydrated. Shocking I know but it's true.

I know everyone seems to think that drinking water is the key to weight loss but it's really not. Staying hydrated is. it does not matter what the source is. Tea, coffee, diet coke. Whatever rocks your boat. Great for you.

Also stuff crystal light (nothing good in crystal light). Drink whatever you want as long as you're hydrated the body doesn't care where the fluids come from.

As a counter point I do drink water, but only when I want to. I can go whole days without water, be hydrated and still lose weight. Don't get pulled into this water is the only way myth. It is not a hard truth.
    Water is simply a fantastic way to get hydrated without any calorie content. Nothing more.
  • Destinie589
    Options
    You are RIGHT! #thehardtruth
  • legrangetackett
    legrangetackett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I bring a 32 oz. camelback bottle to work every day and fill it up twice. keeps me well. Yesterday was my two year anniversary of no soda pop. It's easier than you would think.
  • fittyfittybumbum
    Options

I love, love, love drinkin water...but i agree with the above post by a fitness pal member, it just added that extra UMPH when i had a cool water bottle. I had a double walled water bottle. No condensation, kept my drink cool for hours. I broke it, now back to plain jane...we are attached to the hip until i find me another double walled water bottle.
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options

It is about the water bottle. I totally agree.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I like the camelbak, I spotted one on eBay after a poster on here mentioned them, I'm gonna get one!

It does help though if don't have to worry about working out calories from drink too..I don't bother adding calories for a cup of tea but I do if I have a coke as it usually has a brandy in it which is about 111 cal just for the brandy!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I don't use a water bottle but I have to have LOTS AND LOTS OF ICE!!! I love ice in all my drinks!!! Even though I've been drinking a lot of water and not much else, though, I STILL have a bladder infection. Ughhhh........
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Or just drink whatever you enjoy. Same results.

I'm going to go with this plan. I just don't understand the water obsession.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I don't use a water bottle but I have to have LOTS AND LOTS OF ICE!!! I love ice in all my drinks!!! Even though I've been drinking a lot of water and not much else, though, I STILL have a bladder infection. Ughhhh........

Off topic I know but I CRAVED ice water. I craved chewing on ice. And I started craving sour stuff. Apparently both are signs of iron deficiency. Just a random weird thing :) I'm also prone to bladder infections even though I drink plenty of water. Emergen-c has changed my life in that regard. 3 a day and no problems!!

On topic, I drink water, green tea, crystal light, coke zero, and emergen-c. All hydrate. I really believe it's personal preference.