Exercising twice a day?

Options

Replies

• mollyxc
    Options
    You have to get into it slowly if you want to work out more than twice a day, unless it is low intensity. I am a gymnast who trains 25.5 hours per week (on a wednesday and friday I train 3 hours in the morning and 3.5 at night) and when I have my two week break during christmas I find it very hard to get back into the same regimen. I can barely walk sometimes!!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I work out 2 times a day, 6 days a week. Both strength trainingg and cardio. 1 hr 45 min to 2 hrs day

I use a combo of P90x, P90x2, Rushfit, Treadclimber, weight lifting circuits..
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Yea I usually work out twice a day.

I perform my weights in the morning and due to limited time I dont have time to do cardio as I have to get to work, So I then do my cardio after work. As long as you are allowing your body to rest at least 1-2 days a week you should be fine.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I try to work out on my lunch hour and again after work whenever possible. It just depends on what your body can handle and how much time and effort you put into it. Oh and be sure you're staying hydrated!
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I exercise twice a day now. On the days I weight train in the morning, I do an hour of cardio after work. On the days I don't train, I replace it with an hour of cardio in the morning and an hour in the evening. Some days I do less ... If my schedule is really hectic. But I make sure to put in at least 30 mins each morning and evening.
  • Hopingforchange
    Options
    I do 30 DS in the morning before work and walk/run for 45 minutes on my lunch break. I have a desk job so its very easy for me to WANT to work out lunch rather than keep sitting. The early morning workout is tough to get used to, but by 5:30 or 6 when I get home, there is no way I would work out. Have to spend time with kids, homework, dinner, etc.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I try to on most days (workout 6 days p/wk). I DEFINITELY get my 0400 routine in (usually around 35-45 mins) before getting ready for work as it helps wake me up & get my energy levels up for the day. Then after work, I head to the gym for the "hardcore" workout :wink: It helps me wind down & destress so I don't turn to eating & drinking alcohol in excess (I work in high-stress so it's either exercise a lot, eat a lot or drink a lot... Hubz is happy that I chose the exercise route & so am I!).

And trust me, I eat back almost ALL calories usually only leaving a small deficit of 200-300 at most and upped my protein so my body knows to keep the muscle & burn the fat :happy: The results speak for themselves each time I update my profile pics :bigsmile:
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Yes twice a week iIl run at lunch and do weights at night

& if I walk at lunchtime at work I don't count the walking as exercise, I classify it as my incidental exercise & not my workout. Same goes for my 15min bike ride to work. I count that in as part of my leisure activity with just a few burnt calories... Nothing serious
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    In P90X we call this doubles. Just make sure you are eating enough good foods.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I've done it before a few times, and I love exercising, but I'm still kind of lazy so I give it my all in my 1st workout because it'll probably be my only one, lol
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You can split your daily activity if you need to.
    I recommend doing any cardio first thing in the AM before you eat then lifting in the afternoon.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    just my 2 cents... i exercise 1 time a day because this is what my daily schedule will allow. I set it up this way so it woudl be a maintainable goal for me that i can do for life. i find that if i set my goals too high then i can't do it and i start to fail. 1 time a day 30 minutes a day works great for my schedule. a lifestyle needs to be maintainable to work. do what you feel is maintainable for you. i have a friend who can commit to 1 hour a day exercise. she also eats a LOT more than i do because she burns so many calories.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I do that sometimes when I have time. I'm going to a circuit training class this morning and a pilates class this evening.
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    I do it all the time!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried exercising twice a day, such as once in the morning before work/school and once in the afternoon?

this is what i do. half in the morning before breakfast, and half in the afternoon before dinner. if i have more time, i do a third round before lunch. it's much easier than doing the whole regimen in one piece, and i usually get a better total workout.
  • hajljpmom
    Options
    I get up early in the morning and do the stationary bikebefore I go to work and then on my (2) 15-minute breaks I walk and try to walk at 30 minutes on my hour lunch. It helps, but as others have said, listen to your body. I have gone without walking on my breaks and lunch. Your body will tell you what you can do. Best wishes on what you do.
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I often will do 30 minutes in the morning, a 30 minute walk on my lunch hour and 30 minutes after work. I like to keep active throughout the day.
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Kids do it all the time!! They run around outside. Play games, ride bikes and laugh the whole time! No one ever accused them of overtraining!!

I love exercise and I love the way it makes me feel!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I did when I 1st started back to working out 3 years ago and it was good but my diet changes made the biggest impact and I like many others only have so much time to work out and I do it in the morning. Wish I could be able to walk home from work that would be nice but 24 miles one way is to far :-P
    But I dance when the music I am playing the kitchen is good while I cook or do the dishes . I rarely sit still when I get home. I have a desk job but I can't stand to sit all day so I get up a lot!
    May start trying harder to get more exercise!
  • I don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as you aren't working the same muscle groups in one day and you are eating enough calories to maintian your energy level.