I'm looking for a new challenge! 2012 brides?!?!

Options
Hello all!

So my Wedding is in 144 days and I need to lose at LEAST 50 more lbs by May 19th! So I am looking for a group of people that are looking to lose as much or more! Now The subject states 2012 brides but really anyone that wants to join or has a challenge already in the works, I'm down. My dress came in on Christmas eve (Merry Christmas to me!!! lol), I ordered it in a size smaller and WANT to have to get it altered 2 sizes smaller or have to send back for the smaller size! I figured with 5 (4 1/2) months to go looking at 10 lbs a mth isn't a bad goal to shoot for! I have mini goals set in place for me but I can always use more support and I am a very competive person so I like challeges!!! If you have a challenge aready or want to start one with me, please let me know!

In the past I have just done a amt loss each week, I wouldn't mind doing a amt of cal's burned or miles, I just need support and motivation! I've never started one so I'm not sure how so if anyone would like to take the reigns I will pass it over to you, Just need to get started!

Replies

• Kirsty_1984
    Options
    Im getting married dec 2012...and would love to fit a size 12 dress.At current with the size i am just now i think it will more than likely be a size 16-18 that i will have to get.So last week i just started the ea sports active 2 9 week programme on the wii.I haven't noticed any weight loss (as of yet) but saying that,i did only start it last week so i will need to give it time to work.The work outs are fab and they deffinetly let me work up a sweat so here's hoping (fingers crossed..lol).
  • mfrancesmo
    mfrancesmo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!!!!!!

Our date is 21st July 2012 and I would like to be significantly smaller by then :-)

Have not got my dress yet actually going to try on in the shop on the 7th Jan and to try and get an idea for what will suit me :-)
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'm getting married 30/6/12.
    I'v hurt my back at the moment (herniated disc) but am still eating the right amount of calories and can't wait to get back to some exercise!
    Can we start a proper group?
  • oOLiveYourLifeOo
    Options
    I'm in also!

We're getting married September 1, 2012

My wedding dress is a size 18, but can be sized down two sizes smaller. I weigh in at 241 right now and I'd like to weigh in at 200 by the time of the wedding! Let's get this going :D
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in 2013, but I am hoping to be done my weight loss in June of 2012. I am in... There is also a Brides to be group, if any of you want in there.
  • LowCarbsHighHopes
    LowCarbsHighHopes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in, so how do we do this?

I'm currently at 220 (coming from 243) and I'd like to have lost atleast 60 lbs, preferably 80, by July 25th.. I want to tie the knot in Vegas, but I'm not booking any tickets until I get to 175 to prove that I'm dedicated....

I think doing a challenge with tracking miles or calories burned would be great, because I always try to challenge myself & beat my previous record.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Cool if you all want to go to this group and join than we can get things started, thanks oOlive**!!!

Also any of you can add me as a friend! I will accept you if you posted on this!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Hello all!

So my Wedding is in 144 days and I need to lose at LEAST 50 more lbs by May 19th! So I am looking for a group of people that are looking to lose as much or more! Now The subject states 2012 brides but really anyone that wants to join or has a challenge already in the works, I'm down. My dress came in on Christmas eve (Merry Christmas to me!!! lol), I ordered it in a size smaller and WANT to have to get it altered 2 sizes smaller or have to send back for the smaller size! I figured with 5 (4 1/2) months to go looking at 10 lbs a mth isn't a bad goal to shoot for! I have mini goals set in place for me but I can always use more support and I am a very competive person so I like challeges!!! If you have a challenge aready or want to start one with me, please let me know!

In the past I have just done a amt loss each week, I wouldn't mind doing a amt of cal's burned or miles, I just need support and motivation! I've never started one so I'm not sure how so if anyone would like to take the reigns I will pass it over to you, Just need to get started!

Okay, so totally doable if you really push yourself....

HOWEVER... I wanted to give a little personal insight and play devil's advocate.... I just got married in October, so I thought I'd provide perspective.

Getting married is CRAZY hectic and stressful. Try and focus on overall health and fitness and NOT a number. If you focus on a specific number, you will likely be even more stressed out and may end up disappointed if you do not meet your goal. I would suggest that you shoot for losing 25 pounds in 5 months. That will probably be more realistic, and if you lose more, you will be pleasantly surprised!!!

Good luck! My birthday is May 18th and I am shooting to lose around 30 pounds. It's going to take a lot of work, but I know we will both be successful!
  • SarahBrown1979
    Options
    Hello all!

Okay, so totally doable if you really push yourself....

HOWEVER... I wanted to give a little personal insight and play devil's advocate.... I just got married in October, so I thought I'd provide perspective.

Getting married is CRAZY hectic and stressful. Try and focus on overall health and fitness and NOT a number. If you focus on a specific number, you will likely be even more stressed out and may end up disappointed if you do not meet your goal. I would suggest that you shoot for losing 25 pounds in 5 months. That will probably be more realistic, and if you lose more, you will be pleasantly surprised!!!

Good luck! My birthday is May 18th and I am shooting to lose around 30 pounds. It's going to take a lot of work, but I know we will both be successful!

Thanks dear! I am going to push myself as hard as poss!!! Big trouble spots are my arms and I agree on the Healthy part of it, I so far have lost a total of 25 lbs since June and then with the help of MFP lost 15 of those lbs. I'm eating right (with the exception of christmas eve and day) I do my best and if I do cheat I log it, I log everything so I hold myself accountable for those cal's ! Congrats on your wedding! please feel free to add me, could use a friend to keep me in check! lol
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

im getting married oct 20, 2012 and have 70 lbs to lose. I would love to join a challange with other brides! We can support each other to lose for our big day!
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

im getting married oct 20, 2012 and have 70 lbs to lose. I would love to join a challange with other brides! We can support each other to lose for our big day!
  • Steffyss
    Options
    I am getting married on May 26th 2012. I set a goal in october to lose 50lbs by the wedding. I went from 327lbs to 307lbs! I still have a long way but I made it through 3 Thanksgivings, 3 birthday parties, and 2 christmas's and still managed to lose it so I think I can do it! My dress wont come till March and I am hoping that they have to do MAJOR alterations. :)
  • SarahBrown1979
    Options
    I am getting married on May 26th 2012. I set a goal in october to lose 50lbs by the wedding. I went from 327lbs to 307lbs! I still have a long way but I made it through 3 Thanksgivings, 3 birthday parties, and 2 christmas's and still managed to lose it so I think I can do it! My dress wont come till March and I am hoping that they have to do MAJOR alterations. :)

Awesome work so far! Congrats on your loss! Come join the group, there is a link above!
  • Natashaclr
    Options
    I would love to tag along. I was suppose to get married last year but my Boyfriend hurt his knee and required extensive repair so of course a wedding was the last of our worries. So were planning for 12/12/12 which is his 30 bday and our 10 year anniversary. I reached my goal last year and the last few months gained back 18pounds. I would love to get down to a size 9.

Starting weight: 199
    Goal weight: 160 or size 9 dress
    Height: 6ft.
  • Natashaclr
    Options
    I would love to tag along. I was suppose to get married last year but my Boyfriend hurt his knee and required extensive repair so of course a wedding was the last of our worries. So were planning for 12/12/12 which is his 30 bday and our 10 year anniversary. I reached my goal last year and the last few months gained back 18pounds. I would love to get down to a size 9.

Starting weight: 199
    Goal weight: 160 or size 9 dress
    Height: 6ft.
  • SarahBrown1979
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/429818-jan-challenge-for-brides-to-be-2012

Join us on this challenge!! Glad to have ya and friend me if you'd like!
  • ms_bendel
    Options
    I'm getting married the same day!!! Looking to go from 190 tO 150! Add me if you'd like!!!