Had stretch mark success? share please!

Options
I'm looking for tried and true stretch mark removal techniques that have worked for YOU. (Please no my cousin says 'x' product worked, or grandma swears by 'y'.)

I'm getting married in August and I have upper arm stretch marks that I really hate. There's a bunch of little ones all over my under upper arm area.

I've been using coconut oil nightly for a few months now, they have faded in color a but but still very visible just more pale.

I'm desperate and I don't want to waste money on expensive creams if they don't really work. =(

Replies

• foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    bump
  • musicaljessica
    Options
    If anyone has any ideas please SHARE!! I need this too
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Lose more weight and they will be become less visible. Do strength training. Mine have become less visible and paler in color and continue to look better the more I lose.
  • shunta864
    Options
    I heard cocoa butter works!! Haven't tried it yet but its worth a shot
  • glo_79
    glo_79 Posts: 37
    Options
    Bio oil......I don't think they every go away though they just fade. The integrity of the skin has been compromised.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I just live with them. They will fade, mine have and bio oil will probably help. But they never go away completely.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Cocoa butter and vitamin E oil helped me to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. I also used the soap "Toned" it has cocoa butter in it. Oh and I also take vitamin E supplements.
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • _CiaoParis
    Options
    I used BioOil and they went away in 2 months :) You apply it twice a day. I bought it at Walgreens.. You can buy it online also (google)!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I have found that nothing works so far - I'm not a fan of Bio Oil. I find that they just look better over time, and as I tone up more.
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    BIO-OIL ;) I will say it over, say it for days. I used coco butter when I was pregnant and it didn't do jack for me! To be completely honest I have heard scratching your stomach as its growing causes stretch marks. Yikes ladies don't scratch if you ever get pregnant again. But I tried medicine from doctors, coco butter... all sorts of crap! but when I started using bio oil on a regular basis.. they got lighter. I would take bubble baths and add it to the water :) A-MAAAAAZING!

Good Luck

~Cici
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Bio oil......I don't think they every go away though they just fade. The integrity of the skin has been compromised.

Ditto - bio oil - really helped the appearance of mine -
  • MGtheGIRL
    MGtheGIRL Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i use cocoa butter lotion everyday twice and they have faded almost totally!!! you should really try it, it works!!!!!!!!
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    BIO-OIL ;) I will say it over, say it for days. I used coco butter when I was pregnant and it didn't do jack for me! To be completely honest I have heard scratching your stomach as its growing causes stretch marks. Yikes ladies don't scratch if you ever get pregnant again. But I tried medicine from doctors, coco butter... all sorts of crap! but when I started using bio oil on a regular basis.. they got lighter. I would take bubble baths and add it to the water :) A-MAAAAAZING!

Good Luck

~Cici

Everyone told me not scratch when I was pregnant but I couldn't help it. If it itches I HAVE to scratch. I didn't get any stretch marks, thank God. I think it's genetics. If your mom had it, more than likely you'll get it too. My mother didn't get them until her 4th child, so I'm stopping at 3 :laugh: .
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options

Good Luck

~Cici

Everyone told me not scratch when I was pregnant but I couldn't help it. If it itches I HAVE to scratch. I didn't get any stretch marks, thank God. I think it's genetics. If your mom had it, more than likely you'll get it too. My mother didn't get them until her 4th child, so I'm stopping at 3 :laugh: .

No one in my family has stretch marks --_-- but I still got them. I was a tiny girl though 105lbs to 165lbs in just 9 months!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options

Good Luck

~Cici

with her. I use bio oil on my face. it does help
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    and bio oil since now im almost sold on it what is the cost n where you get it at o have stretch marks since i have lost some baby wieght and i am scared for the more wieght i lose what is to come .. and i have scar from a belly piercing ... ...
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump, I need to get rid of mine. They kinda seem to stick out too.
    anyone know how to tighten them? I wouldnt care if they were visible as long as they werent... saggy?
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    daily massaging with a luffa under the shower, also using dream cream from Lush, which does wonder for me. I had been through all those expensive ones before and nothing did help. However, I know from experience whart works for one doesn't necessarily work for another and... they do NOT vanish, they are less obvious, but that's about it