Need more Breakfast options

Options
I just joined MFP (this morning!) and I know my biggest problem is not eating enough throughout the day and stuffing my face when I get home from 7 pm until the time I go to sleep. So now I want to set up a daily food plan to help me stay on track.

When I wake up in the morning, I'm usually in a hurry to get to work. I normally have a cup of coffee at home and bring a travel mug with me on the way to work but I need to actually start EATING breakfast.

Any suggestions on some quick, easy (and of course, healthy!) options for breakfast??

Replies

• Ashalena
    Ashalena Posts: 162
    Options
    I just grab protein bars or fruit in the am, on the way out the door.
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    fruit.........great in the car or at your desk when you get to work!!!
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i've been eating a quick sandwich on those 100 calorie whole wheat "rounds". depends on what you can stomach in the morning...some turkey, an egg, or sometimes i eat a Morningstar Black Bean Burger. Either way, not messy and i can eat it in the car.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 calorie bars, hard boiled eggs, omelets, oatmeal, low cal cereal with low fat milk, bacon... here's a few ideas for ya. I have a hard time with that too. Do you work in an office with a kitchen area to plug things in?
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I do a health shake with fruit. Its quick and gives me the nutrients I need. You could also do nuts and dried fruit, cottage cheese and a cheese stick with a peice of fruit. A carb and protein will help keep you full and give you energey. It doens't have to be huge meal. Just something to get you going for the day.
  • Karlaki
    Options
    I have a protein shake every morning. Blend it at home, eat it at work. I vary it a bit with flavors.. Chocolate, blueberry, strawberry, etc. It depends on my mood and what kind of fruit I have (frozen or fresh).
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt is pretty quick to prepare and eat. I like natural yoghurt with berries and seeds. Or make a smoothie with some fresh fruit.
  • kittycarson
    Options
    I boil eggs, 6 or more at a time, and put them in a ziploc bag in the fridge for easy access. Try a boiled egg or two and a piece of fruit...I will keep you really full.
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Oats and fruit. Sometimes I have porridge n blueberries, or berries with dry oats, cup of milk and a good dollop of thick yoghurt on top, squeeze of honey is an added extra. Oatcakes peanut butter and a banana keeps you going too.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    fiber one cereal and honey greek yogurt. yum!
  • bluebarbie
    Options
    Hello!

You could always try a protein shake, a smoothie, cereal, theres so much ways to play with making eggs in the morning(make egg muffins by baking it in the oven) or scrambling it adding spinach, tomatoes, cheese, etc make a breakfast casserole from the night before if you need something fast. Its more easy if your on the go in the morning to plan ahead. Anytime i dont know what to make i always go on allrecipes.com and substitute ingredients so that it suits my weightloss journey. Hope i helped in some way
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love eating oats in milk like cereal! I usually add banana slices and cinnamon on top to make it sweeter. I'm also a big fan of high fiber cereal from Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, as they're very low-cal but very filling and healthful.

You could also eat a PBJ sandwich if you make it low calorie by eating 45-calorie bread slices and PB2. Protein bars are also good, just make sure that they don't have too much sugar.

Or try making your breakfast the night before and make something simple like a granola-yogurt-fruit parfait that you can grab on your way out.
  • Here's what I eat for breakfast thats quick and easy before class:

- Oatmeal made with 1% milk
    - Cheerios with 1% milk
    - Scrambled Eggs (only takes about 10-15 min)
    - Kashi Go Lean Crunch Protien and Fiber Bar
    - Whole Wheat Toast with fat free yogurt

Or a combination of any of the above, depending on how much time I have. Good luck!!
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    yogurt, granola1/4 cup,and alittle fruit in a togo coffe cup. I eat with a spoon as i drive. really stics with you.
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Boil eggs on SUnday and seperate themminto baggie so you have the week
    Piece of toast with PB (skip the jelly unless its sugar free)
    piece of fruit
    cheese stick or cubes
    kashi go lean instant oatmeal with almond milk and strawberries or blueberries
    greek yogurt with granola
  • mommamindi
    Options
    I scramble some eggs and add sausage or ham, and cheese and onions and then I pour that into muffin tins, I bake it, and then freeze them, I throw one in the microwave in the morning and I have a healthy breakfast...I also make a smoothie using activia yogurt...fruit...skim milk...and some oats...
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    slice of ham, piece of fruit, and a cheese stick are my go-to lazy or super busy morning breakfasts. Sometimes just one of those items, but usually 2 or all 3.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    You are getting great ideas so far. How about a sandwich? Seriously, I toasted 2 slices of bread & put some leftover turkey on it and voila! With a cup of coffee, I had breakfast. Any leftover meat from a meal would work.
  • loriamcq
    Options
    It depends on how many calories you allot for breakfast. I allow up to 200 calories, so I usually do a bowl of cereal if I have time or if I'm running I have a wheat bagel at work (150 cal). The bagel fills me up until lunch. Or you can bring instant oatmeal with you and mix it up at work and eat that at your desk.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    If I have time to eat at home, I add eggs to a ziploc, add veggies (spinach, toms, olives, S&P) whatever you want.
    Mix in the baggie, put in boiling water for 10 mins and ta-da an omelet.