Did anyone get a dog for Xmas?

Options
2»

Replies

• galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I got my daughter a puppy for last christmas. She was 5, so I picked it out and knew I would have most of the responsibility. I got her a small chihuahua. (she is a very gentle child) Trixie (the dog) is such a highlight of our home now! She is a sweet girl with tons of personality. Just hide any shoes with leather laces.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a dog, but I did get 2 ferrets out of the blue when my neighbor was trying to find homes for them. I surprised my hubby when he got home and he said we can keep them. We are animal lovers and my hubby has just as much of a mushy heart as I do for anything that's furry & has a wet nose!

I had ferrets for years- BEST PET EVER!!!! Now I have dogs, but I miss my stinky slinkies!
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Why, a couple months ago while my wife was working i showed up with not 1 or 2 but 3 Labradors lmao.....then sent her a text that i had a surprise roflol

I honestly can't believe all the negative responses. I would love the spontaneity!

Me too ... granted, I would regret that statement during the potty training days, but we have 2 dogs and 3 cats. :bigsmile:
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    We got a Turkey and a Ham, but, hey, start your own tradition.

lmao ^ comment of the day
  • CreepyOne
    CreepyOne Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    For the record before Road to Perdition keeps hammering my post lol..........i do have 3 Lab dogs which in fact are rescued dogs, and I have more than plenty of space for them, inside and outside the house, second i like big dogs and so does my wife. they even swim in our pool when supervised by either one of us. They have their own room on which they sleep and current with their medical history.

When i got them it was not a matter if it would work out or not......It was meant to work out so I was not luck :) ......so yes I do find the funny they way she was surprised but part of being married is have enough communication to know weather the surprise is going to be a great one or not........SPECIALLY when we knew we wanted to get Labradors...just saying
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My dad found a a little kitten that had been in the back of a garbage truck from Wisconsin to Illinois at work. Luckily, she didn't get compacted, and since she survived that he figured it wasn't fair just to let her loose and I ended up with her.
  • I WISH! I told everyone all I wanted for Christmas is a little German Sheperd puppy. But my parents won't let me get one so I have to wait until I can afford my own place. WAHHHHHH! :cry:
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I wish, I'd love another doggy :)
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    For the record before Road to Perdition keeps hammering my post lol..........i do have 3 Lab dogs which in fact are rescued dogs, and I have more than plenty of space for them, inside and outside the house, second i like big dogs and so does my wife. they even swim in our pool when supervised by either one of us. They have their own room on which they sleep and current with their medical history.

When i got them it was not a matter if it would work out or not......It was meant to work out so I was not luck :) ......so yes I do find the funny they way she was surprised but part of being married is have enough communication to know weather the surprise is going to be a great one or not........SPECIALLY when we knew we wanted to get Labradors...just saying

^ tee hee! Love this! keep rolling and lol'ing. It keeps you young!
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I would love to get a dog for Xmas! The one I have now needs a little buddy!
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, i got a yellow lab puppy for Christmas! It wasn't a surprise but I would have loved it if she was :). Now for the potty training, :tongue: hopefully my 8 year old lab will help with the training!
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My aunt and uncle just got their first dog. He is a 5 month old double doodle named Vinny. The calmest and mellow dog I have ever known. I'm dog sitting him today and tomorrow while they are in Key West.
    Double Doodle= 1/2 mini poodle and golden retriever 1/2 mini poodle and labrador.
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a thread about cute puppies under the Christmas tree.... But for some reason I feel like someone wants to call PETA on some of the posters.... I'd personally luv a puppy....but I have to wait until my poodle goes to glory. I luv dogs....her not so much...
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    I honestly can't believe all the negative responses. I would love the spontaneity!
    An animal should never be given as a surprise. Giving a pet as a gift is ok only if the person asked for it specifically. A spontaneous gift of an animal is extremely irresponsible.

Well obviously his wife is a huge animal lover or otherwise he would not have come home with them. Not sure why you guys are being so negative since obviously they could afford the dogs and they kept them and love them bunches.
    I am like his wife <3 I love puppies and have two of them and two kitties and they are my husband and my children since we do not have any of our own. Wish i could get another but I have an apt so not an option...
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I WISH! I told everyone all I wanted for Christmas is a little German Sheperd puppy. But my parents won't let me get one so I have to wait until I can afford my own place. WAHHHHHH! :cry:

I have a German Shepherd/Rottie mix (he looks more like a Rottie, but has all the rolls of a German). He is the sweetest pup in the world and I love him to pieces!!!!! His sister on the other hand.... She's a beagle. I love her too, but she's a Daddy's Girl lol
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    No, thank God. We did however, rescue a stray that's been in our area for a couple months and found him a home for Christmas. We have two dogs - a three-year-old male springer spaniel/bull something mix (some say American Bull dog, others say Pit Bull) and a Black Lab/German Shepherd/Husky mix puppy. The third dog would have been a little much for our 1100 sq. ft. house.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    i want to adopt one.......... but im afraid my cat would never forgive me............. plus my cat's an attention wh*re so Im not sure where a new dog would fit it.......
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    No, thank God. We did however, rescue a stray that's been in our area for a couple months and found him a home for Christmas.

BRAVO
  • mommamindi
    Options
    No but I will get a puppy March 1st when I beat my husband in this exercise contest :)
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I got a puppy, from my husband, he didn't know he was getting it for me either. Her name is Gia.