busy people and eating healthy

Options
what do you guys do? i'm a chef and work from 12 till 9.30 most days so i miss 2 meals, we don't get time to have a break mostly, usually about 10 mins every few hours really so I can't make myself something good. I usually end up having a sandwich whilst running around or munching on the fries *naughty*
What I want to know is are there many people in the same situation and how do you handle your meals? what do you eat? what kind of snacks do you have? I just need some tips as i'm tired of my same old excuses of i'm hungry i'll just eat whatever then when I get home i'm so stupidly hungry I end up getting a takeaway! obviously as of the new year takeaways are going to be a treat once in a while not twice a week!

anyways thanks for your help in advance i'll be checking the thread and replying before I go to bed! xx

Replies

• shelleycronan
    Options
    Prepare meals in advance for yourself. Then you only need to heat them up in the evening when you get home. I work in the food service industry also, I always keep fresh fruit in my purse and a granola bar/ Special K bar handy. When it comes to tasting the food, I only taste test the healthy stuff. Good Luck!
  • harrietlg
    Options
    problem is is that i don't want to eat a meal when I get home because it's so late, i'd rather have snacks in the evening to compensate but i'm just wondering to anybody else what they do, like doctors,nurses even parents ?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    keep some almonds and cashews in a baggie in your pocket. those are great to munch on in ten minutes. apples too.