Lean Cuisine

Options

Replies

• vcreinert
    Options
    I eat them regularly. Between that and what I cook, I don't have any issues.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My husband and I eat lean cuisines often. We add frozen veggies to the meal to make it more filling. We Love love lean cuisines. As long as you watch the sodium in your other foods you should be OK. The Salmon Basil dinner is awesome. So isn't the Chicken Fettuchini.
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Personally i have one EVERYDAY.. (at least one of the brands of low-cal frozen meals)
    It is better to make your own, as others have said. I have been dying to spend one sunday preparing and vacuum sealing a ton of "frozen dinners" . Relying on them for nutrition facts, portion control, and only a few minutes in the microwave after the gym is WAAAY easier. :)
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat Lean Cuisine - or Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers - 3 times a week at work for lunch. I tend to stick with the ones that are <300 calories, typically around 220-270, and I usually eat a piece of fruit, some carrot sticks, or maybe a light yogurt with them. It works for me. I'm busy during the day at work, usually eat at my desk, and I think it's much better than many fast food options or the vending snacks!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    A better choice than fast food, but its still processed. :sick:
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have them every now and then but I make sure to pair it with extra veggies, they can be scarce even when it says "Veggies" and "Broccoli" something or other.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I eat them on a daily basis and some are quite good. Right now I've been eating the "Eating Right" brand. I haven't had a problem with being hungry afterwards but will agree with another OP that the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers are really filling.

Another OP suggested Subway but please note that the sodium is much higher in one of their sandwhiches (depending on which sandwhich you get) than one of these meals. I have never gone over in my sodium because of them. :)
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers are by far the best to me. I eat one every day for lunch. They are usually under 500 mg of sodium, and they fill me up with a side salad. When I was a member last year, I ate them also for lunch. I lost about 25 lbs.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i have eaten a lot of them; they were a big part of the diet part of my weight loss. during maintenance, i have eaten a lot of them as well (and smart ones / healthy choice.)

i will say that a lot of them are really decent. i've found that most benefit from additional seasonings, however. i can transform a spaghetti lean cuisine pretty effectively with salt, oregano, and garlic powder. if salt is a problem, there are a lot of other seasonings that you can try. i find it fun to experiment with them.
  • Harmony14
    Options
    i used to eat different varieties - lean cuisine, ww, smart ones, etc. but found that even when i added extra veggies, i was hungry soon after. after i started learning about additives and really paying attention to food labels, i decided i would rather do up a little roast or several chicken thighs on sunday and use those along with frozen or fresh veggies (depending on the time of year), to make up my own meals through the week. very little work and much tastier results, plus wayyyy cheaper in the long run. it really comes down to what you are looking for - they are great for convenience, possibly helpful for portion control, but there are workable alternatives that don't have all the sodium, sugar, msg or other additives
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That is what I was thinking. A couple of years ago I did Jenny Craig for quite a few months and that was processed food 3 times a day! I don't plan to do that this time at all. I was thinking about Lean Cuisine for lunch maybe 2-3 times a week and my own food or subway the other days. I am trying to stop going to the expensive eateries that I have been going to for lunch that are not as healthy. I will be taking leftovers when I cook which is not as often due to my hectic work schedule.
  • demonkitten
    Options
    i nearly live off of frozen meals... lean cuisine is pretty good.
    i think smart ones is my favorite brand tho!
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I eat them a few times a week for dinner. they are high in sodium, but if you eat fresh and healthy other parts of the day it won't matter at all. I like the pepperoni pizza and chicken enchilada suiza the best if you're looking for suggestions :)

That is what I was thinking. A couple of years ago I did Jenny Craig for quite a few months and that was processed food 3 times a day! I don't plan to do that this time at all. I was thinking about Lean Cuisine for lunch maybe 2-3 times a week and my own food or subway the other days. I am trying to stop going to the expensive eateries that I have been going to for lunch that are not as healthy. I will be taking leftovers when I cook which is not as often due to my hectic work schedule.
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I keep them in the freezer for times when I'm in a hurry and don't get to pack my lunch (or when I'm too lazy to cook dinner)...I don't eat them a lot but they are convenient for times like that. I just make sure I drink a ton of water when I do to help flush out the sodium...
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    I do them more often than I should but, it's a quick, satisfying, low calorie meal. If you get the SPA CUISINE they are lower in sodium, and use more natural ingredients and less preservatives. Also I buy the Healthy Choice Natural Steamers (sodium is even lower).

I will eat one of those with a side salad and lots of water!
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    i eat a lean cuisine almost every day at lunch. i very rarely cook anymore so usually dont have leftovers to take for lunch. its the convenience thing for me. i am always running late and just need something quick!
  • plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i use convience foods like that all the time the sodium does not bother me Yes I like my meals better . When only 2 of us at house and both dieting they help. Yes I like my cooking better but dont always want to anymore .Add an extra veggie or salad yala dinner
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    i nearly live off of frozen meals... lean cuisine is pretty good.
    i think smart ones is my favorite brand tho!

Unfortunately....Smart Ones have the most sodium :(
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    sometimes but I mostly eat Smart Ones or Lean Pockets :)
  • swiviol
    swiviol Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    They tend to not fill me up that much, but I do like the pizzas (round ones) as well as Smart Ones pizza and the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers.