I'm Stuffed! Can't Eat All My Calories.

Options
Eating clean its hard to eat all of my calories. I have MFP set to lose 1.5lbs per week.. So my food goal was 1420 to lose 1.5lbs per week. Then I exercised today (HIIT) for nearly 1.5hrs and burned 1182 calories. So it wants me to eat 2600. Im 600 short and stuffed to the gills!!! So I have an extra 600 calorie deficit on top of the deficit MFP has already created.

I dont want to add more carbs in as I have carb issues if I go too heavy.

My diary is public, so let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    For starters you can use a milk with a higher fat content.

Are you sure you REALLY did TRUE HIIT for 1.5 hours or you just did interval training for 1.5 hours?
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Don't bother eating them. I don't really ever burn more than 600 cals a day (a 10 km run), but on those days I can't eat the 2100 cals MFP gives me, so I don't. I don't think I could possibly eat more than 1900 ever in one day.
  • PurelyTheRealMe
    Options
    I just came on to post the same thing. I'm set to try and lose 2 pounds a week, my daily calorie limit is 1240. I feel like I've been eating ALL DAY. I've been carefully measuring everything. And I'm stuffed. It feels so wrong to be stuffed while trying to lose, lol. I mean, I'm eating much healthier foods today, so obviously I can eat more, but geez. Not trying to hijack your thread, but just wanted to say I feel the same way. BTW, my first day on MFP was only yesterday. I'm guessing my diary is public bc I haven't changed any privacy settings.
  • DirtbikeGal
    DirtbikeGal Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I did Beachbody's Insanity Max Interval Circiut. I worked out at 80-95% of my max heart rate majority of the time during the intervals. Total of 1:25. Heart rate monitor with chest strap reads 1360 but I always discount by 15% which puts me at 1156 calories burned.

I was concerned the fat content in 2% would be too much fat? If not I will try that and add a few in. So really Id be at 1350 calorie deficit....that doesnt sound like too much? Ive been stuck in a platue for 3 weeks eating 1700 so I have been upping it slowly.
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options

I was concerned the fat content in 2% would be too much fat? If not I will try that and add a few in. So really Id be at 1350 calorie deficit....that doesnt sound like too much? Ive been stuck in a platue for 3 weeks eating 1700 so I have been upping it slowly.

Fat is good for the body and is necessary. With what you're eating I'd definitely to to some full fat dairy, olive oils, etc. to help increase your cals.
  • sunshinegirl2012
    Options
    2000 calories is a pretty good amount for you to eat in a day...most diets that I know of recommend 1200-1500 for losing weight, so 2000 + your exercise should be fine. I wouldn't worry about having to eat an additional 600
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat when I am hungry and do not when I am not or notice that I havent eaten in a while or before a work out. It is not a guaranteed thing to be required to eat a certain level. Although many will tell you otherwise, you sound like you are listening to your body and not eating when you do not feel as though you should.

I personally prefer to listen to my body than all the "experts"
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Yeah just eat what you can and feel comfortable with. If you do this over a few weeks and you notice you're dropping weight too quickly then eat a little more.

Peanut butter is eat to scoff down and is high in calories.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't suggest more than a 1000 calorie deficit. Also, your HRM might be overestimating. I have seen that before. HRMs always read way higher than my bodybugg does. So maybe you don't have a big of deficit as you think.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Yeah just eat what you can and feel comfortable with. If you do this over a few weeks and you notice you're dropping weight too quickly then eat a little more.

Peanut butter is eat to scoff down and is high in calories.

Nuts in general are good a 1/4 cup of raw almonds are pricey with calories but have a lot of the essential good stuff in them and they do not fill you up.
  • marakesh79
    Options
    How did you burn so many calories? That is awesome!
  • DirtbikeGal
    Options
    I wouldn't suggest more than a 1000 calorie deficit. Also, your HRM might be overestimating. I have seen that before. HRMs always read way higher than my bodybugg does. So maybe you don't have a big of deficit as you think.

I am discounting what my HR monitor says by 15% already and that comes out to 1156. I am a heavier female at 184, 24% BF. So I calculated it out per our and its 867 calories per hour. So I think its probably correct as during my intervals & warm up my heart rate is in the 170s up to 181.

I will try the 2% milk and nuts. That may exactly what I need to make my calorie goals. Thanks!
  • DirtbikeGal
    Options
    How did you burn so many calories? That is awesome!

I do Insanity dvds by Beachbody. They are VERY intense, full body workout and have you working out at your max heart rate. Hardest workouts Ive ever done:)
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat when I am hungry and do not when I am not or notice that I havent eaten in a while or before a work out. It is not a guaranteed thing to be required to eat a certain level. Although many will tell you otherwise, you sound like you are listening to your body and not eating when you do not feel as though you should.

I personally prefer to listen to my body than all the "experts"

Exactly! That's what I do.