I'm 47 and would like support from other's my age...this is

Options

Replies

• pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I found the food diary to be a big help to me. Now that i write it i see the calories. I try to make better choices. But this not a diet , it more of a food plan. If there is something i really want i try to plan around it or get a little more excercise. Lots of ideas and support on the community site.Everybody here has something in common, we all want to get in better shape and stay that way. The very best of luck to you. But it really isn't luck it is determination.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm 45--joined MFP last spring and love it. Send me a FR!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and am a very active member. I would love to be friends with anyone who is serious about supporting each other. Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • jellobee
    Options
    41 here. I've never been accused of being too young. Feel free to friend me. We oldsters have to stick together! I'm on my second time around with MFP and my 5012th time trying to lose weight.
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 51 and have been on MFP since 3/31/11 and have lost 55 pounds so far. I am on the site daily and would be glad to support you or anyone else who is serious about committing to a lifestyle change and supporting each other. Feel fee to send me a Friend request.
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi I am 50 and I also have found that the pounds don't come off as easily as they did when I was younger :sad: I still have around 70 pounds to lose and I am always looking for more friends! The more the merrier I always say, so anyone can feel free to add me if they want!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 54, just had my one year MFP anniversary and am squeaking close to my goal. I plan to stay here so I don't slip up. Happy to support any of you.
  • Chargaile
    Chargaile Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 67 which is quite a bit past your age, however, struggling with weightloss show no age discrimination. Feel free to add me.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I am 48 and just joined today. It would be great to have a few others to support me on here...

Hey...I know you!!! ;)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 47 trying to get myself back in shape and get healthy again. It's certainly taking some time and it's coming off very slowly. I'd like to share with others around my age to see if we can support eachother. Any idea's or things that have helped you succeed at this age would be awesome.

Thanks so much!

I'm 43 and have lost 33 pounds with the help of MFP!!! Add me as a friend!!!
  • Jhulet
    Jhulet Posts: 32
    Options
    43 here- and would be glad to have more MFP friends to help support each other. Accountability to someone besides ourselves helps alot! :smile: Feel free to add me.
  • Kathi_S
    Kathi_S Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 51. I too am here daily. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I have lost 34 pounds so far, and am hoping to lose quite a bit more.

Kathi
  • simonsaysso
    simonsaysso Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 49 and weight seems to come off more slowly the older i get. I am restarting MFP AGAIN... one thing that has helped me is to move. Exercise, cardio, cardio shopping anything that gets me off my butt helps.
    Feel free to add me as a friend - we can support each other!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 46 and I've been here for nearly a year, logging consistently. It's much slower to lose than when I was in my 30's for sure but you can do it!! Strength training has been a huge help for me. I didn't start my strength training until about 3 months ago but I can tell a difference. I'm a cardio junkie. A good idea is to just change up your exercise rountine, keep it fresh and fun! Feel free to add me for support:):)
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 57 yrs young...been on MFP for 75 days now and have lost 15 lbs...its true slow and steady wins the race! Pls add me.
  • Barbeliza
    Barbeliza Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 61 and have lost 60 pounds since last February. I work out every day and am back to doing Tae Bo. I have found it easier to lose the weight and get back in shape now that I am 10 years post menopause then it was when I was in my 50's and in the middle of it. I think late 40's into 50's is hard because of all the hormonal shifts going on. More power to you!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    46, joined early in 2011. Feel free to add me, would love to have friends my age! This is a great site, BTW!
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hey you! I'm 47 too! (And a budding poet too, obviously!) I have been here a month and totally love it. Feel free to add me as a friend. The more the merrier. I'm finding my way (always having despised "exercise nuts," so a bit concerned now that I'm becoming one) ... but loving every minute of it and finding new ways to drive and motivate myself. I like the support of others, and like to help motivate others, as well. I'm gabby, and I'm here to improve my life and, in so doing, hopefully help others to do the same! :)
  • hooty006
    hooty006 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    if it was easy then everyone would be doing it. just stick with it and each day log in your food. dont trust a scale and take measurements with the tape. it will tell you where you are loosing weight from and no matter what anyone tells you...you can not spot loose weight so stay with it and your body will get to those places you want to show off. good luck and stick with it
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump