daily calorie burn!

Options
hi!
I work in the fashion industry, and most of my days means to walk from one showroom to another, ..Etc.. im constantly walking or at least standing in heels!
My days off, i litterally spending in the house in yoga pants!

My questions is, if I am working, but i didn't go the the gym, can I still mark some calories as exercises? how can I figure out how much I burned in a day?

Replies

• jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    IMO, I would say this is part of your lifestyle and not really exercise. I know that when I was a waitress, I burned more calories on a daily basis without exercise than I do now as a graduate student. You can set your activity level to match what you do on a daily basis. If you have a more hectic day than usual, then you could log that as maybe walking?
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You could invest in a daily HRM to track it more accurately. My guess is that you probably burn quite a bit of calories throughout the day. Depending on how much rest you have and how long your working hours are, I'd assume that you would be burning just as much calories as a person would in the gym for 90 minutes.

I still recommend a heart rate monitor though!
  • sunshinegirl2012
    Options
    it's still activity of some sort, so yes (: you should probably figure out how much you burn walking x mph for x amount of minutes based on your weight. there are tons of sites that have calculators to help figure that out (: then just keep a record of how many hours you do this daily to see how many calories you burn!
  • Lazlocats
    Lazlocats Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Under "exercise" just put in things and see what you can find that fits your workout.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    A bodybugg would also be great for that. But if that or a HRM is not an option, I would just suggest having your status as Moderately active, which will give you more calories from the start and see how that goes.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of walking Monday through Friday for work and I reflect that through my activity level setting not through logging exercise. The only time I log exercise is when I actually go do something (walking, jogging, etc.) but that's just me. Others will have different opinions but ultimately I'm sort of lazy so I don't want to have to figure out every little bit of walking I do during a day and try to log it:)
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I would suggest changing your activity level on those days to "lightly active" or "active", and then "sedentary" on your days off....?
  • tagben
    tagben Posts: 72
    Options
    I just don't know how to log it in?! so it will reflect in my calories burnt!

I can't just treat a work day, ( 8hours + of walking/stairs or standing in 5inches heels) like I treat my week ends while I'm in yoga pants in which my biggest activity is walking to the kitchen barefoot?!
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    That is part of your lifestyle, not exercise. Put your activity level at moderately active or something. I work 10 hour shifts as an LVT (animal nurse) and I'm on my feet the whole time. So I have my activity level set as active.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Maybe do lightly active to even out your work and weekends, so you don't have to change it. That should even it out!