I'm 47 and would like support from other's my age...this is

Options
13»

Replies

• beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 46 and just started on 12/6. I've only lost a pound, but have lost 5.75 inches. I just made up my mind that I would do it this time. I absolutely love MFP. It totally keeps you on track. And I'm making myself get up and workout every morning. Instead of putting it on my "to do" list, I make myself a priority. It's tough some times, but I feel so energized when all is said and done!!

Feel free to add me, I'd love to support and motivate you! Also, don't stay totally focused on the scale, watch out for lost inches too.
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and have been using MFP for about 7 months. I've lost 53 lbs and dropped from a size 18W/20 to a 12, working my way into a 10. (I haven't been this size since 9th grade....) I have cut out most junk food (I splurge occasionally on chocolate) and work out 45-60 minutes 5 or 6 days a week. When I first started, I could barely walk half a mile... yet in November, I ran my first 5K in just over 41 minutes. I ran a second 5K in December in 37:41.

Follow the nutrition guidelines, eat some (not all, since the counts aren't truly accurate) of your calories back, and get ready to be successful!! It may take a bit longer at our age, but it really does work!!!!

Feel free to add me as a friend -- I'll help you out as much as I can!!
  • luvcnj67
    Options
    I'm 44 and new to the site. Lke you really need the support. I have a long ways to go and will need encouragement and motivation to keep going. You can add me if you would like.
  • tannity2
    tannity2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and new to this site, too. Just joined a few minutes ago. I, too really need the support. Happy New Year!
  • jlfox165
    Options
    Hi! I'm 53, been here about 6 weeks, and have lost 19 pounds. Anyone can add me as a friend; I can never have to many.
  • heidiann200
    Options
    I'm 46....please add me as a friend....I've been here off and on since July.......i EAT TOO MUCH!!!! Love to exercise, but can't seem
    to commit to the diet...Oh well! I'll try again

Heidi
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 47 and joined MFP in September. So far I have lost over 36 pounds and have made wonderful friends that are supportive and caring. Please feel free to add me and we can continue the weight loss journey together! :flowerforyou:
  • fitnfun1
    fitnfun1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I started a monthly challenge group for us 40+ folks. Please feel free to join us. We are seeing results.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/410810-40-workout-challenge-new-every-month
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    41 here. I've never been accused of being too young. Feel free to friend me. We oldsters have to stick together! I'm on my second time around with MFP and my 5012th time trying to lose weight.

Hey I like you!!

Anyone can add me!!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Howdy and Welcome! I'm 49 and been here since March! My wife (Hootdsmamma) and I have been successful helping each other do this together. Very willing to support anyone who needs it! Good luck!
  • dogmom623
    dogmom623 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, just joined MFP, and so far I'm impressed with the resources and people on this site. I need to lose around 150 lbs, and it seems really overwhelming right now. I would love to give/receive support from you and others with similar circumstances - please feel free to "friend" me! :smile:
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, almost 47, and have been doing this since August. The weight loss is slow, but at least it is going in the right direction. I take heart medicine that makes my loss even slower. Feel free to friend me.
  • maews
    maews Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi, i'm a 59 year female,feel free to add me,i enjoy working out at the gym and love zumba.:wink: