So... what are your New Year's Eve plans?

Options
2»

Replies

• lovinlife71
    Options
    :drinker: Party at my house...guests are staying overnight so no designated driver needed!!!:drinker:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't go out on NYE. It's over-priced, over-rated and usually disappointing.
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Downtown Reno with my drunk crazy cousins. I am sure I will be just as drunk and crazy! It is not as crowded as Vegas or Disneyland, but its a cheap cab ride home from downtown. LOL!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    As a critical nurse Im working New Years eve day and New Years day. Party on my friends.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Our kids are 10 and 12, so we will be staying home, drinking sparkling grape juice and playing board games and watching movies. I had my years of ringing in the New Years under the influence. I like being relaxed at home now!
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    LOL! I have big plans this year!!! WOOT! 12 hours (7pm to 7am) with 6th-8th graders for our youth group NYE party! I'm going to have a rockin' good time..... okay, not really. The life of a mother and youth sponsor.... :ohwell:

I love NYE in Denmark. They put on the best fireworks ever. Mostly from everyone's back yards. Big ones, all over town. Big mess the next morning, but spectacular the night before! :laugh:

:drinker: Here's to a great 2012 for all my MFP peeps!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'm going to hang up a new calendar. :ohwell:

Woof - that's hardcore! :laugh:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    House part with lots of wine....it's been a rough year want to celebrate in style with a hange over the next day :)
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Sitting home...too many drunk drivers

DH has three beers in the frig. I will be drinking one.(last one I had was 01/01/2011)
    Happy New Year everyone
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    We dress up go to a nice dinner and a movie. We're not party people, so that is fun and special for us. This year we waited to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie as we saw the first on NYE two years ago! Whenever I get my house all done up I plan to do a NYE party wi the neighbors and friends. Hope you have fun!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    We'll be home, puppysitting for a friend who got invited to Times Square! It'll be fun since my son really wants to get a puppy, good learning experience for him!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't go out on NYE. It's over-priced, over-rated and usually disappointing.

THIS :drinker:
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Staying home away from drunk drivers , watching movies and going to bed early :flowerforyou: .. I've spent enough late nights taking care of babies to do me for a life time.. in bed by 10 makes me happy:happy:
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Staying home and watching UFC Pay per view :)

We have a 3 year old and I don't drink so staying home is fine with me!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I might actually stay home this year. :-) I have been to a dance party the last 5 years, and have finally had my fill. However, my friends will be doing their annual New Year's Day get together, so I will attend that. I find that more relaxing and a great way to start off the year.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    We'll probably just stop by the neighborhood bar for a few drinks. I don't like those deals where you buy an over-priced package and then spend the evening with a bunch of strangers. We know everyone at our local bar, so to me that's what makes it really enjoyable. Plus we're less than a mile from home.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    New York for New Year's . Visiting my friend in New York.
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    We're celebrating with our Highland Society - a lovely evening that includes addressing the haggis and toasting with a wee dram. We leave just after midnight so we can, hopefully, get home before the drunks hit the roads. We went last year and had a lovely, quiet time so a repeat is definitely in order.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im partying it up in my hometown with my friends. Just a house party, lots of drinkage and laughing.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    since it is considered "amateur" night, i'm staying in, off the streets. i'm so boring - i prefer keeping my body intact. (sorry for all the lower case, i only have the use of one hand).