New and not sure I can do this!

Options
2»

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I find permanently installing splints on ones elbows is tremendously helpful.:laugh:

The truth is, while support is really helpful and valuable, at the end of the day you will be alone with your own choices. Mistakes will be made but all is not lost. Perfection is not nessesary. Just jump back in and keep trying. You will win!

Regret or success? Its your choice. The time will pass anyway so might as well make good for you.
    Best wishes,:flowerforyou:
    Deb
  • NikkiHoney73
    NikkiHoney73 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started exercising and I have noticed inches lost but I gained five pounds. As frustrated as I am right now I am going to keep going. I have uped my intake of fruits and vegetables. I have improved to exercising 30mins three times a week. I have noticed that my lower back is not hurting as much. I just want the weight to come off. I am at a loss .....

Nikki
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    You are starting out right by wanting to change your lifestyle not go on a diet. I choose "life over food" and have lost 170 lbs (my ticker reflects my new start to lose the 15 pounds I've regained since Oct). I eat "healthy", not low calorie or low fat. I made changes to my "lifestyle", I didn't go on a diet. I go to the health club, not the gym. Little things but they make a difference to me. Set small goals for each...they don't have to be dramatic or associated with pounds. Some examples of goals I use...

This week I will log everything I eat.
    I will go to the health club 5 times this week.
    I will do 180 minutes of cardio this week.

Its as much attitude as anything. If you think you can, there isn't much that can stop you! Good luck!

I love that you restart you ticker to reflect smaller goals. I might do that too.
  • prdell
    Options
    So, here I am again. I have zero will power so I can go strong for about a month.....then something happens and I just quit. The last 3 years have been so crazy with family issues that I just realized....yes just realized that I am making food my "feel good".. "My reward". It's crazy to have just seen that. I'm 45 now and can't keep doing the yo-yo, part because it's not healthy and part because it's no longer working. I used to be able to just drop it off...now...not the case. I am changing my life this time for good. At least my husband understands and does all he can to help me. My goal is to be back where I was at 35. I was at 156. I'm at 200 now. However, I will stop loosing and maintaining when I feel good about myself.
  • LorryGuthrie
    LorryGuthrie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    We've all been there...I honestly didn't think I had it in me to do this. But once I accepted that my lifestyle HAD to change (and I could not look back) it has been so much easier. My thinking was the worst and I have been working on that every day since I started this journey 14 months ago. Heck I even LIKE to exercise now! I never thought that would happen! Hahaha! Please feel free to add me!!! :)
  • ginareejoy
    ginareejoy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Be patient with yourself. You are VERY capable! :) You already have taken the first step.
    Feel free to add me!
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    As you can see, there is so much support on this board! Talk things out, ask questions, vent, share successes and failures, don't dwell on the mistakes, you can't change them, just move on!
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Just like everyone is saying, one day at a time :) feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    YES YOU CAN! I'm here too. trying to lose weight 20 lbs I found over the past year, with a major lifestyle change. Lets go! :flowerforyou:
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    YES YOU CAN! I'm here too. trying to lose weight 20 lbs I found over the past year, with a major lifestyle change. Lets go! :flowerforyou:
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am a 40 yr old female also. I'll send you a friend request.

I won't lie to you, it won't be easy, but you will def get the accountability and motivation from friends here on MFP! Everyone is so friendly.
  • antipanic
    Options
    Good for you for getting started! Friends make all the difference. I tried "solo" for a while back in June and quickly gave up. Then in November I came back and started over - this time by posting for friends. The support has made all the difference - both giving and receiving. You are taking the first important step. Feel free to add me if you like. Cheers!
  • CariBeth1978
    CariBeth1978 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If I can do this anyone can do this..... Ad alot of friends.... Dieting buddies are a must.....:bigsmile:
  • BORICUACHULA
    Options
    Feel free to add me dear! You can do this!!! It takes strong will and determination but it is possible!!!
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like :)