Get a burr grinder
    Get a french press or a pour-over filter basket
    Source some freshly roasted Ethiopian Harar or Yemen Mokha, grind and brew
    Skip the sugar and additives
    Enjoy coffee nirvana
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I use FF H&H. I used to use 2 servings (4 TBSP) but now I am down to 1 serving. I found this little shot glass measuring cup at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and I use that to measure my creamer. I still use 3 equals though. I have a Keurig coffeemaker at home and in my office, so I buy some of the flavored coffees which still only have 2 cal, and they are good without so much stuff added in. Also, I have found that when I really NEED caffeine, then I can drink my coffee without anything in it at all.
  • justnname
    Options
    it a tad pricey.. Z sweet is natural with no after taste.

http://zsweet.com/
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I add 2 tbsp of skinny lattee Fat-Free french vanilla drink mix to my coffee instead of cream and sugar. 2 tbsp is about 65 calories and it makes it sweet and light enough for me.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I use sugar and whole milk but what can I say you F^#$ with my coffee and I'll hurt somebody. I have to say the sugar and milk dont seem to have slowed down my weight loss :drinker:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I use sugar and whole milk but what can I say you F^#$ with my coffee and 'll hurt somebody. I have to say the sugar and milk dont seem to have slowed down my weight loss :drinker:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am a sucker for SF syrups (especially vanilla) and fat free half and half
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    How about a sugar free flavoured creamer? Coffeemate has a vanilla caramel that's lovely. I hardly need to add sweetener when I use it.

The s/f hazelnut is good as well!

yes I have used these as well and just a 1/2 of the sweetner if any!
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I use (a ton) of Splenda (the store brand actually) and I use Carnation Non Fat Evaporated Milk. I love the flavor of the evap milk in my coffee. I also take the sugar free Coffee Mate French Vanilla and the Fat Free French Vanilla and mix the 2. It reduces the calories by 5 per tablespoon. I'm like you... I gotta have my coffee strong, creamy and sweet! Love it!
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just start cutting back 1/2 tsp a week on the sugar. After a while you will get use to it. I'm down to a tsp a cup.

Exactly! that's what I did and now i'm down to no sugar in my coffee and i love it :)
  • neni2678
    Options
    THANKS
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk, 40 calories a cup. And truvia, which I don't find to have a nasty taste like regular stevia does.

This^^^^

I also have used canned whipped cream in my coffee. I found a peppermint flavored one (at Target) for the holidays and it's tasty.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Loving all these ideas! I too have a Keurig and most of the time use K-cups, but I also use a french press and sometimes just my old fashioned brewer because I'm a Louisiana girl and nothing can brew a great cup of Community coffee better than a brewer! :smile:

I'm going to be trying a lot of these, thanks for the ideas!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest trying to just lower the sugar until you don't have to put any in. I did that with tea when i was younger. I used to put a lot of sugar in my tea all the time and slowly put less and less in and now I never had sugar in my tea.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Ugh, double post.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm not a true coffee drinker.
    When I do drink it, it has to be the kind that tastes like cocoa.
    I use the stuff from the grocery store: Maxwell House International Cafe
    They have some sweet yummy coffee's with very little calories.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I'm working on decreasing sugar intake. I LOVE my coffee strong but light and sweet, I've tried all the substitute sweeteners such as Stevia, Stevia in the Raw, Truvia, Splenda, Equal, Sweet&Low and I can't find anything that doesn't have an aftertaste. I also like to have some type of "creamer" in it and I'm wondering what do you put in your coffee?? Would love to have some new ideas to try.

We use a non-dairy product that Hood has, called "Country Creamer"... No aftertaste, to us it tastes very good... Personally, I drink New England Coffee's flavored coffees - Hazelnut Creme, Chocolate Cappucchino, Chocolate Raspberry, Egg Nog, Banana's Foster... and I only use the creamer... I never have been a fan of sweetened coffee to begin with to be honest...

OHHHH that chocolate-raspberry, AMAZING when iced!
  • jesserussellnoll
    Options
    I actually just started using la creme creamer ( I'm not sure who makes it) and its all natural creamer, and its only 5g of sugar in a one table spoon serving and 40 calories. it tastes really good too!
  • kir911
    kir911 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this thread....I work night shift and I drink alot of coffee and I struggle with this greatly! I am gonna try a few of everyones suggestions, things I would not have thought of otherwise. Almond milk sounds great...I also like the idea of the cinnamon in the grounds and flavored coffees themselves. thanks everyone!
  • kandydomaracki
    Options
    i use light vanilla soy milk...sweet taste with less calories and fat than creamer or skim milk...