Plans for your tax returns?

Options
cabaray
cabaray Posts: 971 Member
For those of us not getting bent over and screwed by Uncle Sam, what do you plan on doing with your tax refund?

We are going to buy some new furniture and get as many home improvements done as possible.

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    A new kitchen and I cannot wait!
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    Swimming pool!!!! Looking forward to a fantastic summer!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Pay off the last of my debt. I can't wait.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    Max out our IRA contributions.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    No clue what a tax return is :laugh:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    For those of us not getting bent over and screwed by Uncle Sam, what do you plan on doing with your tax refund?
    I would consider having given Uncle Sam an interest-free loan all year "getting bent over and screwed" too.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Put it toward savings or something
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Going to Mexico!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I would consider having given Uncle Sam an interest-free loan all year "getting bent over and screwed" too.

you don't have to do it that way. Change your deductions...
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    going straight to the savings, for emergencies only!!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Going into savings. Rebuilding my savings account basically.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Understood. It always cracks me up to see celebration about a big refund. one could adjust his deductions, and stow the money away in an interest-bearing account and come out with even more dough.

Regardless, the fact that only 53% of us pay taxes, and those that make more pay a higher percentage, is what really grinds my gears.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know I could put the extra money in a savings account and earn interest (a very small amount); however, it is easy to dip into a savings account and I know there are times when I would. Having a tax refund is a handy way of having a good chunk of money for bigger items once a year for those of us with savings issues.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    A large amount refunded or due equals bad planning.
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Reinvesting into my husband's new business, paying the last of our debt and savings.

Damn that sounds way to grown up :blushing:
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Moving closer to town, buying another bowflex, paying off my truck and filling my closest with clothes that actually fit.. :-)
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Understood. It always cracks me up to see celebration about a big refund. one could adjust his deductions, and stow the money away in an interest-bearing account and come out with even more dough.

Regardless, the fact that only 53% of us pay taxes, and those that make more pay a higher percentage, is what really grinds my gears.

Would you please list the accounts/banks that paid any type of interest in 2011? Usually, the interest free loan thing makes sense, but in an environment where interest rates are close to zero it's not a big deal.
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I pay my rent for the year with ours. Makes living alot more comfortable.
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Buying baby stuff! :D I can't wait!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I pay my rent for the year with ours. Makes living alot more comfortable.

This is really smart!