How much calories do YOU want to burn a day?

Options

Replies

• lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Starting next week I will be burning around 1000 calories a day
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    If you're doing that just make sure that you eat a bit more as well and make sure it's the right kind of foods. You'll sweat a lot so make sure you get enough salt so you don't start cramping up etc, your body will stop you if you don't eat right as you do it...trust me!!
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I shoot for between 500 and 1000 calories but I don't eat back my calories. If you are cranking up the calorie burn with more than just aerobic exercise make sure you keep your protein up.
  • hailz840
    hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    thankyou for posting this topic. seeing that others try to burn lots of calories pushed me today. i burned 410cals this morn which is a good effort for me
  • jessalwayz
    jessalwayz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I burn 500-1000 a day and I dont eat back the calories.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I burn all that I want - between 800 and 1000 every day, and yes, I eat them back, because our daily goals already reflect a deficit for healthy, safe weight loss.
  • lisaelainee
    Options
    Your welcome :)
    thankyou for posting this topic. seeing that others try to burn lots of calories pushed me today. i burned 410cals this morn which is a good effort for me
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    These days I'm happy with a 200-300 a day burn. I eat them if I'm hungry for them.

I used to burn (and will again) 600+ a day and yes I did eat those calories...maybe not always all of them, but definitely half to 3/4
  • DirtbikeGal
    DirtbikeGal Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I burn 700-1300 a day and try to eat all of them back but some days I fall short. I may try to eat more nuts to eat most if not all of them back as MFP already has a 750 calorie deficit built in.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    :) I'd like to do that as well.How do intend to do that? How many days/week and what are going to do to burn them?
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    My ideal daily burn would be about 700. As I eat my BMR calories daily, I do not eat my exercise calories unless I either A.) am hungry or B.) have burned more than 700 calories.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2,000 and guess I burn about 500 through exercise.
  • RobinLoren
    Options
    I have been happy with 300 every day until now... After reading this thread I think I have been slacking... I never eat them back. On days I attend spin class I burn 600 or more but that is normally only once a week...
  • lisaelainee
    Options
    4 or 5 times a week, walking, jogging, breast stroke, starting at a gym soon and classes :)
    :) I'd like to do that as well.How do intend to do that? How many days/week and what are going to do to burn them?
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i try and burn a minimum of 300 a session, which has been about 3 times a week but i have recently started to increase this to every day (not set in stone if i need/want a rest day i'll have one) using a variety of activities from running, cycling, gym sessions, and using fitness games on the kinect, some burns will be more than that depending on duration, and yes i'll eat my cals back, not necesarily all of them, but most
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    That depends on many things. On work days I usually try to burn 300 - 400 in addition to the calories I burn at work (I walk/stand up to 9 hours almost straight). On weekends I usually burn 600-1100, depending on my work outs.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering and do you eat back your calories?

I try to eat 2300 & burn between 400-600(estimate)(P90x) daily. I don't eat them back, as I am trying to maintain my weight while slowly changing my bf% & maintaining what little muscle mass I have :)

Russ
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    I tend to burn 800+ calories a day, some days I don't have the time to fit in my usual workout so it will be lower since I'll end up doing lots of walking instead (although that rarely happens) and some days I go well over 1000 but that's not because I planned it, it just happens because of what I'm doing. I don't eat back my calories that often (some days I will but that will either be because of treats or because I need the food) and I find with burning 800 calories I rarely need extra food it just seems the right amount to me :)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Typically if I go swimming about 1000kc (although probably 550 is more realistic guesstimate) + another 200 from cycling. Otherwise it's probably around the 250kc mark from walking.

It's seldom that I don't do some form of exercise every day.

Now, when it comes to eating back exercise calories, I rarely eat back more than 250 Calories if any at all, but in the new year I'm going to change my status from sedentary to lightly-active seeing as I do now exercise regularly and will work out my daily intake based on goal targets.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit careful about eating back exercise calories these days. I worry about over estimating the calories I burned while exercising.