Sugar addict

Options
I am constanly going over with my sugar... The only thing I add sugar to is coffee and tea. Any tips on cutting back? :ohwell:

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well, the 6 tbsp of sugar for the coffee plus pumpkin spice creamer is adding a lot, perhaps you can substitute that with something else or play around with it? Maybe use stevia and ordinary milk or unsweetened creamer, or maybe just making the coffee weaker so you don't need as much sugar? Also you have some sweets in your snacks which is fine in moderation but finding healthier ways to satisfy your sweet tooth and cutting back to just one sweet a day will do wonders (you'll start craving it less as well).

Also, grains and potatoes both have a lot of carbs, so the white bread, hominy, pasta, cereal and mashed potatoes are all adding a lot. It doesn't fill you up for long anyway, so it's not actually benefitting you much. If you simply cut out everything with white pasta or white dough, you'll cut down drastically on your carb intake and that's all refined carbs.
  • crazy4youz
    crazy4youz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    6 tsp not tbsp but ya i usualy have sugar free creamer but my mom picked it up for me. I also usually don't eat so many sweets (but with christmas I got so much candy and cookies that they're tempting :frown: ) but im usualy over my sugar even when i dont eat extra sweets. plus i have 3 little siblings under the age of 8 so there's always junk food in my house. My mom can eat anything she wants without gaining so she forgets that I can't. As for the carbs, I usually have to eat whatever she cooks for dinner :grumble:
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Oops! And yeah, I think Christmas is an all around exception, and assumed that was the reason for that type of thing, good for you for logging it all. It's irritating when people in your house can eat anything without gaining, I have the same problem in my house! *eyeroll. I don't really know how you combat the "whatever she cooks for dinner" thing though. :-/ That's a problem. :-/
  • crazy4youz
    crazy4youz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ya i try to kick her out of the kitchen whenever I can (I'm a better cook anyway :bigsmile: ) just so i can choose what i get to eat. Most of the time she makes balanced meals but then puts waaaay too much on my plate and my stepdad will scold me for wasting if i dont eat it all :grumble: so iv had to remind her constantly to only put about half as much as she would eat