Goat Cheese

Options
I recently have a new found love for goat cheese... what can I do with it (besides putting it on a salad)? :huh:

Replies

• pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    Put it on egg white and spinach scramble/omelette!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Pasta! I also like it in my scrambled eggs.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I had an awesome appetizer not that long ago..it was goat cheese, apples and honey with some crackers. Super simple but sooo good.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Flatbread chicken pizza with host cheese-yum! Also it's great on celery.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    spoon out a chunk and stuff it in lol I love it so much I don't have the patience to do anything else with it :smile:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Goes good inside of stuffed mushrooms. Just discovered goat cheese myself and am in loooove.
  • ladyprofaz
    Options
    It is great spread on apple slices or pear slices, too!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome ideas, everyone.

I should have mentioned in my original post that I have to eat gluten free, so that takes the crackers, pizza, sandwiches, flat-bread option away... :ohwell:
  • Ajaay
    Ajaay Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is not healthy, but it is yummy. Take freshly grated parm cheese mix with a little flour, some salt and pepper. Use pam spray or w/e you like on a nonstick skillet and sprinkly the cheese in a circle. Let it melt (few seconds) and turn over. Drape each parm shell over a rolling pin handle or something so that when it hardens it will have a taco shape. Mix goat cheese with chives, salt and pepper. Put a small amount on each parm shell and top with lettuce (w/e kind you like) mixed with italian dressing or oil and vinegar. It's nice for an appetizer or occasional treat.
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Put it on top of ratatouille!! Here's a recipe and it's awesome!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SugarNtheRaw/view/best-recipe-ever-165240