STRANGELY MY SHOES SEEM TO BE TOO BIG

Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
AM I LOSING CALCIUM AND BONE DENSITY OR ARE MY FEET SMALLER/THINNER?

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    your feet can shrink. They're not supporting the same amount of weight, so they're being "pushed down" (for lack of a more elegant way to put it) less.

I lost 1/2 shoe size :)
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've lost half a shoe size as well. It is normal when you lose a lot of weight.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    At 45lbs lost I am down 1/2 a size as well. That's ok with me considering I went up 1/2 - 1 shoe size with each of my 3 kids! I have huge feet for a 5'3" person! :)
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I am finding my shoes to big, also. I usually wear a wide width. Now, they fall off my feet. I have even walked right out of them. New shoes in my future. Ahhhhhhhhh :)
  • maews
    maews Posts: 39
    Options
    I hope not,if my feet shrink,i'll be wearing kids shoes.I think your feet probably could get smaller,if u lose a lot of weight,makes perfect sense.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    My daughter lost about thirty pounds and has had to buy some new shoes too. She is a true shoe-aholic. Retail therapy for her is at Discount Shoe Warehouse. She bought four new pair today. She is down half a size. This weight loss business is not cheap.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Interesting - I purchased 2 pair of shoes recently - one fit fine but the other pair feel like clown shoes! At least now I know I'm not (too) abnormal!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    when i was 250 i was size 9 when i went down to 170 i was a 8 1/2 and now that i gained again i am back up to a 9 so they def loose some weight in feet as well as what someone else said about you having to hold up the weight too
  • baharal
    baharal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Me too, I'm 5' 3 1/2 and wear a 9, 9 1/2 shoe.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Just threw some shoes out yesterday ...same thing.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    AM I LOSING CALCIUM AND BONE DENSITY OR ARE MY FEET SMALLER/THINNER?

When I lose weight my shoe size gets smaller. Lost 85 pounds years ago and my shoe size dropped an entire size.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I lost an entire shoe size as well which is cool because now I can steal my daughters shoes!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have lost 1 and 1/2 sizes....it happens!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    people think I'm making this up
  • dcarreno
    Options
    so should I be getting taller??
  • Aidina
    Aidina Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would be happy with that lol..I have huge ankles and calves..or should I say kankles. I want a pair of boots so bad and cant seem to find any because I have that problem . It would not be so bad if my feet were a bit longer but I wear in between six and six and a half depending on the shoe . I also have wide feet. Unfortunantly the weight i have lost has not been from there.I have not lost one inche in that area..uuurrr
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My shoe size went down about a whole size to a half size depending on the shoe brand... weird but cool I guess since I have big feet lol
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I bought a cut pair of croc sandles that dug into my feet while walking the dog, so I always avoided them. Forty pounds lighter and they fit perfect!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    yep, 60 lbs down and lost half a shoe size as well!!
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I didn't go down in shoe size, however, I went from a wide width to wearing a medium width shoe.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!