counting green tea as water

Options
Would you? I made some green tea today and I was wondering if any of you count it as your water?

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Only if you drink it.

Seriously, whatever you drink "counts" as water, no matter what mental games you want to play, or things you've been told. If it's liquid, and you drink it, your body gets hydrated by it, and that's all it cares about, it doesn't matter ifs it's plain water, tea, coffee, soda, juice, milk, whatever.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    If its made from a hot cup of water and a tea bag then yea i count it but if its out of a bottle from the 7-11 then no because i dont know what else has been added to it!
  • Aroz25
    Aroz25 Posts: 40
    Options
    I count herbal teas as water but I don't count coffee as I heard it can actually make you more dehydrated if you have too much
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I count the water I use in my chamomile tea
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    As long as I don't sweeten it (which I rarely do), I count it as water.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I consider green/white/red/herbal/caffine free teas to be water, black tea I add milk and sugar to plus it has caffine so I don't!
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it unless it's caffeine free. Anything with caffeine acts as a diuretic!
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Only if you drink it.
    HA!.. YES!.. as long as it's herbal tea and you don't add anything to it
    oh, and yes, ... caffeine free
  • ymvestal
    Options
    I do...it's a cup of hot water with a tea bag...if nothing is added, count it!
  • I do! I drink (store bought) diet green tea by the half gallon! Its basically just water with added herbs.
  • loveliisa
    Options
    I wouldn't count it unless it's caffeine free. Anything with caffeine acts as a diuretic!

Truth! Almost any drink I would say counts as water except for those containing caffiene!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Would you? I made some green tea today and I was wondering if any of you count it as your water?
    Any liquid counts....
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    It was a cup of water before you put the tea bag in it....

I log it as water. I just make sure to drink "real" water, too.
  • oldsoul918
    oldsoul918 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Truth! Almost any drink I would say counts as water except for those containing caffiene!

Not true...most tea actually hydrates. I heard this once and started researching it (because I love green tea) and sure enough it's not a diuretic and doesn't dehydrate you unless you drink 400+ mg/day.

http://teafinelybrewed.com/blog/does-tea-hydrate-or-dehydrate-you/
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I count tea as water.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    My dietitian says as a general rule not to count it if it has caffeine in it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

WATER is a diuretic. Diuretic has nothing to do with dehydration. All a diuretic does is help eliminate excess water. Can this myth please die?
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I count all liquids as water. Especially something as insipid as green te!
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I would not do it! Coz "Water" is water! No matter what!
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    I count it :) I drink a lot in the winter, so I for sure always count it as water