What do you treat yourself to?

Options
I've been thinking for a while, and I have no idea what to treat myself to when I hit one of my goals. Do I get a massage? A new outfit? I don't want to treat myself to any food/drinks. I just can't think of anything I want to reward myself with. What are some of the things you do for yourself?

Replies

• laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    When I got out of the 200s I got a massage. Then my other goals I get shoes, mani/pedi, spa day. :)
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    New clothes!
  • shan889
    Options
    I have learned that you need to treat yourself every week. Once a week (usually Friday) I pick ONE thing that I have been craving. Like a SMALL bean and cheese burrito.....SMALL french fries....a DIET coke. Ya know... things I have been craving but in moderation. I also do Sundae Sundays. Twice a month on Sunday I allow myself some ice cream and it can have anything on it! All week I am very good about what I eat, so that I can have my reward!

As far as ultimate treats, every 10 pounds I do something like getting my hair/nails done, new clothes, new work out clothes (for motivation).
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    For every year I go without drinking soda pop, I allow myself to endulge in a few Orange Crushs at New Years.

The more i've behaved that year, the more I allow myself to drink. Last year was 2 cans.

This year I'm thinkin a full 24.

Though was i REALLY that well behaved this year?....

You'll never know.
  • winslow44238
    Options
    I have a hard time spending money on myself, but allow myself to indulge in a nice outfit, or time out with the girls each week I've stayed on target. I also spend an hour of guilt free movie, or whatever me time for each pound I loose. Sometimes it is just a bubble bath night, or time with a book I want to read, but it is one uninterupted hour of all about me.

I am also making sure I spend the time to figure out more about the things I do and don't like by keeping a journal and clipping pictures and articles I find interesting to plan vacations and such. It is helping me realign how I've been living to how I want to live. For instance learning that instead of burying myself in food, I can try new hobbies. and instead of thinking the way to show people I care about them is by feeding them and baking, I'm learning to craft, paint, and sculpt with friends.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    I treat myself EVERYDAY! I get to eat basically anything I want and as of late it's be ice cream everyday.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Kindrex83
    Kindrex83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A message sure sounds great. When I hit my goal I will be out of the 200's! Those are some great suggestions! Thanks everyone!
  • laineyy011
    Options
    I treat myself with Breyers No Carb Ice Cream :D
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal weight, I got me some contacts. Glasses have always annoyed me so it was a great decision
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I treat myself everyday with dark chocolate.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    It's usually clothes for me or running gear/apparel. sometimes a mani/pedi or facial.
    When I reach my ultimate goal it will be large shopping trip!
  • Famzav8
    Famzav8 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I buy most of my clothes second hand lately while I'm losing weight - no sense in spending all the money just to see it go out the door amonth later. Sooooooo..... what I love to treat myself to is stuff to help me in my workouts. At one point, I bought myself a heart rate monitor....... at Christmas I got a new gym bag that I had been wanting...... some new workout pants. Having a better workout outfit actually helps me alot - I feel like I look better, not frumpy - when it fits just right! Seeing the reflection in the mirror makes me work harder!! I had on a new workout outfit the other day and a coworker came up behind me in the gym and told me that she didn't recognize me! She said when she came in that she knew I was there because she saw my car, but that she honestly scanned the gym three times before she saw it was me. (Alot of the clothes I wear to work are too big... which makes me look bigger) Now THAT'S a good pair of pants/shirt. And a WHOOOOOOLE lot of work. Spoil yourself where you can. :)
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I treat myself EVERYDAY! I get to eat basically anything I want and as of late it's be ice cream everyday.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Ditto on treating myself everyday!! Life is too darn short!! But then again, I'm on maintenance. As I'm seeing the scale go up again (since before the holidays), I'm being more careful about my food choices again. When I hit my goal weight, I didn't celebrate with any food or massage or whatever. I just enjoyed being leaner and fitting into smaller clothing sizes. That was a treat in itself!!