off track and no energy

hi everyone.
i guess i'm just looking for a kick in the bum.
i allowed myself to take a week of from tracking over the holidays, and i ate such junk.
i'm really having hard time getting back on and i am sooooooo tired.
i had 2 naps today because i just couldn't stay awake.
i don't like feeling this way.

so please give me a kick!

Replies

• leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    Get off your booty and start tracking! DOOOO IT!
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    i did start tracking on monday, but i ate way beyond my daily allowance.
    tracking is the easy part, staying within my points in where i'm struggling.

i feel so gross.
  • what motivated you before the holidays?? maybe you need to set yourself up for another goal (possibly with a reward!)
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    We can do this. I too stopped tracking for four days. But Thursday morning I am on it again. You can do it, I can do it. We want to feel good.
  • leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    Don't feel too bad. I went over my points today as well. I'm back on track tomorrow! It's a new day!
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    I took time off too and now I am back you can do this :)
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Take it one day at a time
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    I'm having a hard time getting back on track too.. Although I did log everything I ate over the holidays. I too have been feeling way more tired than usual, and obviously the only logical explanation is that it's because of the junk!

The only thing that helped was actually working out. I'd have no energy but tell myself that I should at LEAST take a walk... Then while walking, I got some energy back, and ended up getting a good burn, just doing intervals of walking/jogging. It hasn't stopped me from still eating junk, but at least I don't feel *quite* as gross or quite as tired.
  • anawhatsme
    thanks for the support, everyone.
    tomorrow is a new day.

i think i will make a trip to the grocery store and stock up on some healthy food.
  • anawhatsme
    The only thing that helped was actually working out. I'd have no energy but tell myself that I should at LEAST take a walk... Then while walking, I got some energy back, and ended up getting a good burn, just doing intervals of walking/jogging. It hasn't stopped me from still eating junk, but at least I don't feel *quite* as gross or quite as tired.

good for you!
    i had the option tonight of walk or nap.
    i chose a nap.
    i felt so zapped i didn't think i had the energy to put my shoes on.
    i wish i would have pushed myself to walk.
    instead, i slept from 9pm - 1 am and i'm probably screwed for sleeping tonight - which will mess me up tomorrow.

ugh - i'm so annoyed with myself.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,902 Member
    A week is nothing! I've been doing it for 3 weeks! Lol, refocus and reset. DAY 1!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    i stopped tracking for a little over 3 weeks. just gotta want it bad enough. u got this!!
  • anawhatsme
    you guys give great advice.
    i need to refocus and regroup for sure.

this site is great.
    you guys are great!

thanks!
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    I chose a nap too today... And cake. But then around 4pm I realized that I'd feel even worse than I already did if I didn't at least TRY to slob along the treadmill while watching a show. So I did it!

And so can you :)
  • anawhatsme
    I chose a nap too today... And cake. But then around 4pm I realized that I'd feel even worse than I already did if I didn't at least TRY to slob along the treadmill while watching a show. So I did it!

And so can you :)

thanks for the vote of confidence!
    i will be exercising this evening for sure even though i don't really want to.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    I'll let you in on a little secret, I put on 12 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My 40th birthday was right in the middle there which included a trip out of town to visit friends. I ate everything that didn't move out of the way. I kept up the exercise but my food was way out of control and that's okay. I'm back at it and having some minor control issues but I'm getting there. You can too. A bad day, week or even month doesn't have to completely derail you. Good luck!