Blue Team WEEK 2

Options
RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
If you don't see your name, it's because I didn't get your weight! You're NOT off the team, just weigh-in and I'll put you right back on. There are a lot of people I didn't get Week 1 weights for and a few who never sent in their start weight.

:flowerforyou:

Each week I'll highlight the people with the highest pounds and percentage lost for the week and overall. Great job guys!!

week01.jpg

Replies

• RachVR6
    Options
    If you don't see your name, it's because I didn't get your weight! You're NOT off the team, just weigh-in and I'll put you right back on. There are a lot of people I didn't get Week 1 weights for and a few who never sent in their start weight.

:flowerforyou:

Each week I'll highlight the people with the highest pounds and percentage lost for the week and overall. Great job guys!!

week01.jpg
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Did we decide on a challenge for week 2 or did we decide to challenge ourselves? Either way, I'm game.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I think we decided to make a fitness goal for ourselves to workout x times a week for x minutes, or something similar.
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    I'm up for that challenge. My goal is to walk for 40 minutes all 7 days this week, and exercise as well. Looks like we're off to a good start, keep it up everyone!:smile:
  • chosen
    chosen Posts: 31
    Options
    I am up for walking, I will try to walk at least 40 min a day!! Good luck everyone!!:smile::happy:
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Congrats to everyone that lost or maintained. Those of us that gained, myself included, we can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I"m trying to increase my exercise. I'm trying to walk 110 minutes a day. 25 minutes a lunch. 20 minutes with the dogs (they don't like it when it gets hot) and then 20-25 minutes myself after dinner up and down the hill we live on. Unforunately I gained back a lb this week. :cry: :sad:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    So i had to go to the dr today because what i thought was just normal stuffiness because of seasonal allergies turned out to be a sinus and ear infections.:sad:

I won't be able to work out for a couple of days because my ears are killing me right now, not too mention the pressure in my head.

On the positive side, i haven't been to the dr since i started loosing weight and they were shocked and very supportive. He said i am right on track with the amount i am loosing in the time frame, and i no longer have high blood pressure it is well within the normal range. He said when i get closer to my goal weight or in 6 months, he would like me to come back for an overall physical. Can't wait to show him i can do this.
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Doing better today - actually got my food logged and I have more calories left to eat. Weight stayed the same. My workout goal for the week is 5 out of 7 days - and to keep logging my food. I love hearing how much everyone is working out - it motivates me to get off my butt.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!! What a great first week!! My 3 year old daughter is 29lbs, so we lost a toddler!! Good job!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Woohooo! Good job, Blues!!! Keep it up and to anyone who maintained/gained, get in gear this week! Thank you for your honesty, too. I know it can be hard to be honest with yourself! I didn't want to weigh in, thinking I had gained 3 pounds or something but it pays to own up to your actions and move on. Refer to the quote in my signature! :flowerforyou:
  • ngwife4life
    Options
    Congrats everyone!! What a great first week!! My 3 year old daughter is 29lbs, so we lost a toddler!! Good job!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

My nine month old is 26 pounds.... :sad:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options

OMG!! That's a big baby! I'm sure once he/she gets more mobile it'll come right off! :wink:

Come to think of it, my 1 year old was just under 20lbs at 9 months, but at her 12 month check up she was just barely over. Her gain had slowed down a whole lot! I love the chubba bubba's!! Nice, healthy, chubby babies!! How come chubby thighs & rolls aren't cute once we become adults?? LOL! :laugh:
  • ngwife4life
    Options

OMG!! That's a big baby! I'm sure once he/she gets more mobile it'll come right off! :wink:

Come to think of it, my 1 year old was just under 20lbs at 9 months, but at her 12 month check up she was just barely over. Her gain had slowed down a whole lot! I love the chubba bubba's!! Nice, healthy, chubby babies!! How come chubby thighs & rolls aren't cute once we become adults?? LOL! :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: If only!!!
    She was born nearly 10 pounds so she's on target but I hope you're right about her leveling off!!! My back is killing me! :smile: She's crawling and oh-so-close to walking!!! I wouldn't trade her little chubby knees and cheeks for the world, though!
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Whoops - I don't know why I was thinking I was supposed to post my weight on Thursday, not Wednesday. I will post it tomorrow! As far as a fitness goal...my goal this week is to do horseback riding for 2 hours for 2 of the days, jog 3-4 miles 3 of the other days, and to try to complete week three of the hundred pushups challenge!
  • ccoker
    ccoker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your hard work Rach! I like the chart. Go Blues!
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    What can I do to stop eating of a night, like 30 minutes or so before I go to bed? How can I conquer that?
  • ngwife4life
    Options
    What can I do to stop eating of a night, like 30 minutes or so before I go to bed? How can I conquer that?

1) Brush your teeth right after dinner or an hour before bedtime. I'm entirely too lazy to brush them again and thus I won't eat anything.

2) Drink lots of water when you finish dinner. Sip on it until about an hour or two before bedtime.

3) And this is the most important one, ask yourself precisely why you are wanting to eat. Are you hungry? If you are truly, honestly hungry you need to look at what you're filling up on. Do you need more protein throughout the day? If you are just wanting to eat to eat, keep yourself from getting bored. If it's sitting in front of the TV, get up and clean something up or go for a quick 10 minute walk before bed. Meditate. Relax. Take a bubble bath. Whatever suits your fancy...
  • mrwatson
    mrwatson Posts: 66
    Options
    I appreciate the encouraging posts!

I logged in thinking I would enter my intake for the day and then go to bed. However, now that I am reading the posts, I think a walk is in order as I have not exercised at all today.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. You motivate me to do more to improve my health.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    This week has been a hard week for me. But I know it will get better next week for sure. My husband and I are going to celibrate our anniversary this weekend. I was very proud of myself lastnight however I had a strong craving and I was going to cabinet to get it and I said no and put everything away and drank some water instead. :drinker: WTG on the weight loss blue team