Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

6 Months In - 97lbs down - Halfway Point

TrefG
TrefG Posts: 112 Member
Hi Guys,

I said I'd post this when I was around halfway through.

My journey started on July 13th this year, shortly after I discovered MFP and have logged calories ever since. am now down 97lbs.

It's only when I look at the before and after shots that I can see that I have actually achieved something. Only halfway there, but am so motivated at the minute that I am 100% sure that I will see this out til the end now.

Thanks for all the ongoing support, it's been much appreciated. Pic attached (if I've managed to upload it correctly)

TrefWeightLoss6-1.jpg

Replies

• skinnydreams165
    skinnydreams165 Posts: 101 Member
    that is an amazing amount of weight lost in 6 months. congrats to u! you look great keep it up!
  • skinnydreams165
    skinnydreams165 Posts: 101 Member
    double post
  • That is awesome! I'm just starting my journey! So what all have you done or is their any advice for me? 97lbs in 6 months is amazing!!!! :bigsmile:
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    TrefWeightLoss6.jpg

amazing job!
  • TrefG
    TrefG Posts: 112 Member
    That is awesome! I'm just starting my journey! So what all have you done or is their any advice for me? 97lbs in 6 months is amazing!!!! :bigsmile:

Well I had a 1 week stint in hospital at the beginning which helped (but I wouldn't reccomend it) - and after that I have been sticking rigidly to 1200 calories a day, I exercised most days (started just by walking for 10 mins, now I run for 20-30mins) and made sure I was chewing my food properly.

My problem was I was a serial snacker, so I cut this out by chewing gum everytime I want a snack. Gum has really helped.

I think I have lost so much so quickly as I was very big to begin with. They say the bigger you are the easier it comes off. I am expecting the next 5st to be much much harder :ohwell:
  • Mr2Bfit
    Mr2Bfit Posts: 18 Member
    Congrats!!! Way to Go!!! Keep Pushing!!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    That is amazing!!! congrats!!! :D
  • hoopymog
    hoopymog Posts: 51 Member
    You have done so well so far, keep it going. Really well done
  • SKINNYMESOON2B
    SKINNYMESOON2B Posts: 112 Member
    Wow thats amazing! Great work!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    That's awesome so far! :D
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Looking great!!! Congrats!
  • vee785
    vee785 Posts: 8 Member
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! huge difference!!!!!!!!! you have done amazing keep it up!!!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    WOW!!!!!! You lost a whole person in 6 months!!!!!!!! AMAZING! Congrats!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Holy wow! How inspiring!
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    That's an amazing job you've done! What a renovation project! Seriously, you look great; congratulations on your hard work.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Congratulations!! You've lost just about the same as me.

I was looking at a picture on the camera the other day that my partner had taken and I was wondering who was that in the picture only to realize it was me... talk about difference hmm?!
  • biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Great work, you look really great
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Way to go. Very impressive...!
  • kyliecakes0405
    kyliecakes0405 Posts: 73 Member
    Amazing job!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 653 Member
    u loook amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa freakin zinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!