2»

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    1 pound = 3500 calories
    44 pounds = 154,000 calories
    That's A LOT of food you'd have to eat!

Sorry, I was signed in under my DH's screen name when I posted that.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lucky too! You can not miss that cake!!!!! You have to tell us all about it too. :smile: One day of going over is not going to set you back that much. Take small portions and just have a few bites of everything you want. This wedding sounds like it will be one to remember and you don't want your memories to be stressing over the food. Have fun ! Cindy :heart:
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm with Lucky and most of the others... how many times in your life do you get to experience this!?!? Don't stuff yourself to bursting, but enjoy it... after all, what's the point of losing weight if you aren't enjoying life anyway? You aren't going to gain back 44 pounds in a night.

Good luck and ENJOY IT! It sounds amazing, I'm jealous :laugh: :drinker:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hell, go bananas! I mean, don't eat until your stomach is exploding, but don't you dare deprive yourself!

Think about it--for years, I *kitten* STUFFED myself on my mom's Thanksgiving dinner. Not full, gorged.

Yeah, I was a fatass for 18 years, but that one meal sure as hell wasn't the only thing that put me there.

AND! One thing I have noticed. Since staying so pure and healthy in terms of diet, I find that I just don't have the same appetite that I used to. I get satisfied much more quickly. This Thanksgiving, for example, I probably ate a third of what I normally would, was very satisfied (but not stuffed), and just enjoyed my parents.

And, since I don't eat nearly as much sugar and fat, the treats I do enjoy pack a wallop. I was actually turned off by some of the ultra sugary stuff my stepdad rolled out over Christmas.

Just enjoy yourself and most of all, enjoy the company! I think you'll find, much to your delight, that if you just let your body take care of itself, you will make much smarter choices. Now that you've cleaned up your diet and entered a healthy lifestyle, you've allowed your body to act in its natural state. And its natural state wants you to stay healthy!

Don't stress!
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Since I can only agree with everybody else above, I'm only going to say one thing. Prepare, if you must, to get "comments" and have replies (if you must) if someone says something while you're eating that cake. (Because you should!) You know, a smartypants telling you "oh, I thought you WERE on a DIET!"

We should have a thread about what to say.......(or is it just my family who can say such things????)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Eat drink and be merry! Just be sure to have room for that cake and tell us all about it, hehe.
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    omigod who knew i was going to get such an avalanche of "go for it". i have to laugh.

well you've all given me something to consider and plan for.
  • newDZ
    Options
    I have devised a plan. Thanks everyone for your input, advice and encouragement.

FYI- the QUEENS pastry chef is french, so there goes that theory. lol
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    One day will not ruin the rest of your life. Eat sensibly and well for the whole week prior to the wedding and make sure you exercise and then....just let loose. How often in your life are you going to have this kind of opportunity for mind blowing excellent food. Life is about more than dieting and a social event like this is meant to be celebrated.
  • newDZ
    Options
    (quick fill-in for those who didn't read original -- my friend is getting married to award winning chef and I was afraid the food is going to be TOO DAMN GOOD, the Queen's pastry chef is French not British by the way:sad: :grumble: )

UPDATE---

So the wedding is this weekend. I am looking forward to it. I have been eating lightly for the week and half leading up to it and drink lots of h2O also. I have eaten 150 less calories per day.

I plan to NOT stress out about the food and drink lots of H2O all throughout the event. I'll eat what I want within reason and GET BACK TO WORK Sunday morning.

I'm taking my first and last doctor's weigh-in printout with me in my cute gold purse.

Let's see what happen!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    OK maybe I will catch some flack for this but I say go for it. How often is something like this gonna happen in your life? I say you should eat lightly for the few days leading up, exercise a bunch to help offset, and then enjoy some of everything. Don't stuff yourself, eat moderate portions, but enjoy all of it. Then get back on the wagon immediately. You won't do as much damage as you are imagining. I doubt they are serving sticks of butter.

C'mon! the pastry chef for the Queen of England!? Is that something you really want to pass up? :noway:

You don't have to eat the full portions of what is served either. You can have reasonable/smallish size portions of everything and still enjoy all that is being offered. That's what I would do.

I'm with ya! To each's own... We're all in a different boat based on our unique situation.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes!