Less than 1200 calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• helenlovesjosh
    Options
    a little less is ok, Like maybe 1100 or 1000, but its really best if you try to stick with the goal amount, because if you don't take in enough calories it could mess up your metabolism and possibly cause you to gain weight.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    a little less is ok, Like maybe 1100 or 1000, but its really best if you try to stick with the goal amount, because if you don't take in enough calories it could mess up your metabolism and possibly cause you to gain weight.

yep your body goes into starvation mode and starts storing everything which causes weigh gain
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    That statement is at best a qualified truth. As has been pointed out elsewhere, numerous times.
  • adamamn
    Options
    I'm also having the same problem. My normal diet doesn't reach 1200 calories.Sure if I keep eating cakes and such I might go over 1200Cal. I think that's how I gained 10lb in a month.
    I'm 5'4" female currently at 126lb. I used to be 110lb. And then I got to 120lb and boomed to 130lb within a month.
    I even ate pizza today and I'm still under 1200 Cal. I'm sure there's a few give or take.
    I really don't think I need to force feed myself to reach 1200 Calories.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm a small woman, and I know for myself that eating more than 1200 calories has benefited me. My calorie goal was 1200 when I was trying to lose, and each pound came off slowly. Now that I'm set to maintenance and my goal is 1700, I'm eating all the healthy food I could desire, and I've lost an extra 2 pounds since upping my calorie intake. This is my experience, and I also believe that eating less than 1200 would be more detrimental than beneficial to my body.
  • dancin2011
    dancin2011 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This is just me and I've learned this through trial and error. But I DO have to force myself to get all of my calories in. If I eat less than 1200, that scale goes up. It is very frustrating. I feel very full all day and am never ready to eat when I am 'supposed' to. I am trying to make myself do it anyway though because that's the only time I see the scale go down. Seems so backwards.