Is anyone on here gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free?

Options
I was just starting a gluten, dairy, sugar free diet and was wondering if there was anyone on here who could help me out with getting started/tips/ recipes that kind of stuff?

Replies

• hoopymog
    hoopymog Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    this is a website run by a friend, for people with allergies...

http://www.cookingwithoutingredients.com/

...give it a go, i hope that it helps
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    I am gluten intolerant so I try and eat as gluten free as possible. There's a website out there, can't remember the name off the top of my head but it's run by a couple. One is a professional chef and his wife is gluten free. Might find some good things there....will try and find website for you......
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    I am gluten intolerant so I try and eat as gluten free as possible. There's a website out there, can't remember the name off the top of my head but it's run by a couple. One is a professional chef and his wife is gluten free. Might find some good things there....will try and find website for you......

Much quicker than I thought....here ya go
    http://glutenfreegirl.com/
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds painful... Are you eating natural sugars at least?
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out the Paleo groups, as they are generally gluten free (no grains at all, in fact), dairy free (except for eggs), and (processed) sugar free.
  • danmoffett
    Options
    I live a low carb high fat lifestyle. I've lost 145 pounds in the past 21 months. My energy level is through the roof and I feel great.
    I've cut out all wheat products, all sweeteners and sweet fruits.
    I have lots of info on my blog. I also tell of my weight loss journey.

Read "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis and checkout his wheat belly blog.
  • robynham84
    robynham84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And yes I eat natural sugars in fruits.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have Celiac's and am gluten free. The book that really helped me was the Gluten Free Bible.
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    There's a good handful of us Paleo-ers on here.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm paleo and there's a few groups on here for it too.
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    Well... I'm dairy free, meat free, nut intolerant, refined sugar free (mostly), 80/20 raw foodist, and gluten-intolerant.
    My diary doesn't reflect this, because sometimes I add foods with the same amount of calories as what I ACTUALLY ate because, quite frankly, I eat some weird *kitten* and MFP rarely has it in their database... and making new foods takes too long. I just eat things that aren't pre-packaged and aren't recipes. Lots of whole foods. Lots of raw things...
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Gluten free + dairy free, but not always sugar free. My diary is open to anyone.

Some of my favorite recipes use agave nectar instead of regular sugar.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    I live gluten and dairy free; as allergic restrictions. Have no fear though, there are always alternatives and they're light as well as tasty (:

My personal favourite gluten alternative is brown rice flour (you can eat Ezekiel bread) and coconut flour for baking. As for dairy, I usually substitute milk with almond or coconut milk (works perfect in coffee). If you're cutting sugar, I'd suggest not cutting it, but changing the type you're intaking. Switch for real sugars (found in fruits). There's also good sweeteners out there, such as Stevia; it's an herb.

Good luck.
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Agreed, check out the paleo group! I try to eat paleo asmuch as I can - no wheat, dairy, sugar, or legumes. There are some really great websites such as marksdailyapple.com, everydaypaleo.com, primal-palate.com, and health-bent.com. They all offer up some awesome recipes. Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but it'll meet your standards of gluten, dairy, and sugar-free.
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Me! I am a member of the Paleo and Gluten free groups as well.
  • sunshinegirl2012
    Options
    yes! I am also avoiding animal products for the most part..no meats, dairy, etc. it's basically a raw diet...found nuts and avocados are fantastic sources of protein/fat to make up for the foods I've cut out. so far I've been loving making smoothies, esp green smoothies! so good..google has tons of recipes for that (:
  • hannahbellelechter
    Options
    Check out the books Skinny B*tch, and Skinny B*tch in the Kitch. It's a vegan diet and they emphasize that "sugar is the devil". LOL
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I live gluten and dairy free; as allergic restrictions. Have no fear though, there are always alternatives and they're light as well as tasty (:

My personal favourite gluten alternative is brown rice flour (you can eat Ezekiel bread) and coconut flour for baking. As for dairy, I usually substitute milk with almond or coconut milk (works perfect in coffee). If you're cutting sugar, I'd suggest not cutting it, but changing the type you're intaking. Switch for real sugars (found in fruits). There's also good sweeteners out there, such as Stevia; it's an herb.

Good luck.

Not all Ezekiel bread is gluten free. Their most popular and available products are made from sprouted wheat and barley. So be sure to check the labels.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out the Paleo groups, as they are generally gluten free (no grains at all, in fact), dairy free (except for eggs), and (processed) sugar free.

Eggs are dairy?
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a major health reason for doing this all at once, have you considered doing this in phases? I suggest this for two reasons. First, it may be easier for you to adjust to one thing at a time, giving you a better chance of sticking with it. Second, if you do make the elimination one at a time, you'll have a better idea how each change impacts how you feel.