Exercise After Dinner/ stop eating time

Options
2»

Replies

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Well I work out during the hours of 9pm-Midnight. I eat a yogurt or piece of fruit when I am done. I read in the biggest loser 30 day jump start book that you shouldn't eat 2 hours before bed. I don't follow that rule being I workout so late.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I eat when I feel like it and just don;t go over my calories... i try to eat carby food an hour or so before bed to help release melotonin and make me sleeeeepyyy! It works! Was recommended by a consultant psychiatrist and doctor when I had bad insomnia problems!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I work out when I get home from work in the evening - 7ish. Then I eat dinner after that. Sometimes I don't eat dinner till 9!!
  • Don26
    Don26 Posts: 46
    Options
    Ditto
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I typically exercise befor dinner so i always eat after my workout. I do this for two reasons. 1)If I don't get to it as soon as I get home for some reason it doesn't seem go happen. and 2) Once I know how many calories I burned I might just be able to have a larger portion.
  • I work out at night then have a protein shake and dinner afterward. So yeah. :) Your muscles need protein to help rebuild them after you tear them apart in the gym. And as for myself, I don't need/want to lose a ton of weight, I'm much more interested in building muscle/toning.