Black Women No Longer "Weighting" To Lose Weight!

Options
Hey Sistas! I'm so inspired by every woman on MFP but mostly..black women! The myth is that black women do not workout because we don't want to mess up our hair & many other reasons. While that may be true for some, we're choosing health over hair! Let's all come together & support each other! [if you don't mind having new friends] Black women are plagued by so many diseases. You lose more weight with support! :happy:

Replies

• Yasmeen174
    Yasmeen174 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good Stuff! Luckily there is so much support on this site! I really do wish I would have known about it sooner! Maybe you should start a group...I would join :)
  • bsprowl
    bsprowl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend...support is key and i need a lot of it...here's 2 being healthy and losing some much needed weight in 2012!!
  • itsmskimmichelle
    itsmskimmichelle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good Stuff! Luckily there is so much support on this site! I really do wish I would have known about it sooner! Maybe you should start a group...I would join :)

I already found 3 groups for black women. Ebony Fitness Team, Sistah's Doing It For Themselves & Natural Is The New Beauty. I might actually start one!:happy:
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you made a group, I would definitely join! A great support system is key!
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    You are RIGHT on! I "USED" to be one of those people - didn't like to sweat. Now, I don't feel like I've worked out UNLESS I sweat! I LOVE it! :-)
  • Seamoan87
    Options
    Whaaaa. I didn't know there was some groups. I'll definitely check them out and add you guys if you don't mind.
  • paigey9
    paigey9 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Bring on 2012 ladies! Its our year and we are gonna shine brighter than the sun!!
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Last summer I cut my hair short so I wouldn't have the issues with sweating. This year I go to the gym in the mornings in my hard rollers or I just deal. Please add me if you like!

Also, I belong to a FB group called Black Women Do Workout.
  • dfbias
    dfbias Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me see there are also some other black women that are trying to get support for this weight loss journey. I am kind of new to this site and want to feel some motivivation and get feedback from people so I have just been playing around with it and seeing if I can make some friends to help me out. New Years this year is like every other year when I tell myself its time to get heathier and make healthier choices as well as take some time for me. I am so busy taking care of others that i never seem to have time for myself so lets see if i can gain some balance in my life. I am looking forward to you ladies support and encouragement.
  • itsmskimmichelle
    Options
    Awesome job! Last summer I cut my hair short so I wouldn't have the issues with sweating. This year I go to the gym in the mornings in my hard rollers or I just deal. Please add me if you like!

Also, I belong to a FB group called Black Women Do Workout.

I didn't know about that group! Checking it out! Thanks!
  • itsmskimmichelle
    Options
    Thanks for letting me see there are also some other black women that are trying to get support for this weight loss journey. I am kind of new to this site and want to feel some motivivation and get feedback from people so I have just been playing around with it and seeing if I can make some friends to help me out. New Years this year is like every other year when I tell myself its time to get heathier and make healthier choices as well as take some time for me. I am so busy taking care of others that i never seem to have time for myself so lets see if i can gain some balance in my life. I am looking forward to you ladies support and encouragement.

Hey! We're all here to help each other so lean on us if you need a helping hand!
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I usually wear weave or braids since I sweat in my hair. But they make shampoo and conditioner......so keep it moving. =]

We're going to be extra fine in 2012. The world is NOT ready!

5499814.png
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    good stuff...:flowerforyou:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    <
    this is weave, lol . I make my hair work for ME! I don't work for it, and I get down in the gym with the best of them! hoorah! lol let me stop
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of all of us:) add me as a friend if you want
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    <
    this is weave, lol . I make my hair work for ME! I don't work for it, and I get down in the gym with the best of them! hoorah! lol let me stop

LOL, I got mine in right now too, whippin it back and forth during Turbo Jam!
  • mimi10453
    mimi10453 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great post! Please feel free to add me everyone. I'm on every day
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    great job girls this is the best thing for any women that has a over weight issue keep the spark hair looks better after a good work out get the vitamins a moving your hair will get a shine
  • itsmskimmichelle
    Options
    I usually wear weave or braids since I sweat in my hair. But they make shampoo and conditioner......so keep it moving. =]

We're going to be extra fine in 2012. The world is NOT ready!

5499814.png

I agree! :happy:
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I just started going natural a few weeks ago and I did the BC last week! I like having my TWA nice and breezy as I sweat! :)

Anyone feel free to add me if any of you are looking for support! We are going to make 2012 WORK :)