Looking for someone to hold me accountable

Options
I am looking for someone to be able to look at my diary from time to time, help me stay motivated as well as encourage me when i feel I want to give up and grab a whopper and a big mac and just quit!

I have about 84 lbs to lose and I really need to learn portion control, how to say no to unhealthy cravings, how to incorporate more fruits and veggies instead of chips and cookies etc. Just looking for someone who is serious about their weight loss who I can support and who can support me.. i want this to be a lifestyle change but I am having a really REALLY REALLY hard time getting this ball rolling

Replies

• skinnydreams165
    skinnydreams165 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks in advance
  • Athena205
    Athena205 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert by any means, but would be happy to offer any support, encouragement, and accountability that I can.
  • faithoftheheart
    Options
    Hi :) I am new here. I can offer you support and encouragement. I know it's important to have lifestyle change buddies around. More important to know you can do this and I think being here and asking is a great step in the right direction. I am about to dive into the fitness portion because I think thats the area I tend to neglect the most. Eating the right foods I might be able to give you a few pointers on.
  • melantie
    Options
    I think we need each other!!!!!

I too have the same problem, i will eat something, because im like, oh well, no one will tell me off!

I need someone that is gonna be a straight shooter and tell me what i shouldnt have eaten and offer alternatives if possible!

Im not sure how many pounds i need to lose, but i need to lose about 40kg in total.
  • skinnydreams165
    Options
    you all are the best! I am just really needing some supprort. it's really hard to get started and I promise to support you also!
  • Scorpio55
    Options
    Hi I'm a newbie just saying hello.
  • Scorpio55
    Options
    Hi I'm a newbie just saying hello.
  • CassPerkins
    Options
    I'm looking for the same thing. Friends on here to keep me motivated and whom I can cheer on.
  • wildrosekasey
    wildrosekasey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    support is the best thing in this journey. i love having people tell me good job but more than that i love knowing that i have a person or two who are gonna keep me in check! we're all here for each other.. seems like all we have to do is ask =)
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'll keep u accountable and by no means am I an expert but I do have common since so I will call u out just be ready to take it...if u eat and stay under cals but u ate crap that's not a great day and I will call u on it if u r not drinking enough water 8 glasses or more and your sodium is in the negative I will call u on it...u r right portion control try eating off a 9 inch plate 50% veggies..25% protein 25% carbs try also the lowest GI foods they aid in weightloss;) U r gonna Rick this journey!! Write down your goals and keep them in front of u at all times give yourself rewards not food for meeting goals like buy a new shirt and don't wear it till u lose 10lbs etc;)
  • NikkiHobbs
    Options
    I am looking for the same thing :) It's been a tough couple months (Winter blues) and I was doing good, now I need to lose the 12 pounds I gained along with the 40+ I still need to lose.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    hi ladies, go ahead and add if you wish as i am a drill sargeant and will yell at you to get to work. lol no seriously go thru my friends list. there are a couple guys there that have lost over 100 lbs. they look great and are great support!
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have to lose 90lbs total. I think i am a good friend and good at keeping people accountable.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I always like to take a look at my friends' diaries, and will make any suggestions if you want them!
  • qtpiesmum
    Options
    Hi im new to this - losing weight and joining a site like this. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I am trying hard to make this decision to lose weight positive and happen. :smile:
  • DeanLite
    Options
    Hey I have an excellent group of friends here and they offer me great support. I will be glad to support you.
  • skinnydreams165
    Options
    I love tou all! So awesome thanks!
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm a big fan of fruits and veggies and good choices so I will be happy to call you on bad choices days. Just because someone is under on their calories and all these people say hurrah, then I look at their diet and it's all junk, I can't bring myself to congratulate them, I just want to say "what were you thinking". Lol, and if you add me I'm going to do that to you too.
  • MamaEdmund
    MamaEdmund Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be part of your team, girl!

I have 22 pounds I'd like to lose before going back to work in June. Baby weight from the last two babies. Good news is I'm only two pounds away from pre-baby-three weight. Then there are 15 pounds from baby-two that I never did anything about and hoped they'd just disappear magically. I started cardio at the gym when I found out I was expecting last fall--I knew I couldn't gain another 50+ pounds in a pregnancy (I'm only 5'4"), because with my second child my body HURT almost every day for the last six months of pregnancy, and for a long time after she was born.

But I can tell you, my babe is six months old, I feel better than I have in a long time, I'm (trying to) make it regularly to the gym which is hard in the winter with three little people to dress and load before I can get there. I confess that I'm terrible at logging food, because I'm breastfeeding and don't want to starve my babe of fat-rich milk that she needs for brain growth. But I've cut out almost all processed foods and make the fat cals from lean proteins and dairy. And the occasional Starbucks treat.

I hope we can help each other! We'll get there together.
  • skinnydreams165
    Options
    I sm so excited to join this journey with you! I am adding you now!!!!