Made it through the christmas holiday with a weight loss!!

Options
I just plucked up the courage to step on the scales after the christmas break (not my 'official' weigh in as my diet and exercise class is closed until 4th January).

Although I have been careful with my food over the holidays and have exercised at home, I still expected a small gain or at best to maintain my pre christmas weight as I have allowed myself drinks and food which I wouldnt normally touch.

I've lost 3 pounds - very surprised and happy - still got to get through the new year party but this gives me hope that I am finally capable of enjoying myself without being really stupid and blowing the whole thing.

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    good stuff!

i found your 3 pounds, and added on another for good measure!
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Good stuff!! Thats great news!! How long was it since your last weigh in?
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I had a small weight gain primarily because I am very sensitive to sodium and there was quite a bit in most of the holiday food. Today, I am down from where I was last Saturday.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I did too! But only 1 pound. I'm still happy though...:smile: My scale before was just going up and up.

I actually increased my calories by 400 and added some cardio and yippee!
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    Thanks. I last weighed at class on 15th December and I was really worried as I usually do 5 classes per week but the class leader decided to have the whole holiday off (without reducing the £27 per month that I pay to attend!!!). I have attended several parties and drank much alcohol than usual but have tried hard to burn the extras off and it seems to have worked.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Wow thats a great result, wish I could say the same.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, good for you! I haven't dared go near the scales, lol!
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    THats great, i lost a pound over christmas. I was expecting a gain as i was at my parents for 5 day. Was pleased with that.
  • DawnMac85
    DawnMac85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds over Christmas week...tough to do though. I belong to TOPS and yesterday was my last chance this year to reach my goal weight (I did it!). Still would like to lose a few more pounds though but I have lost 20 pounds since January.
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    That is great!! Congratulations!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i just want to clarify, i gained 4 pounds! i wasn't trying to burst your bubble. but the 3 you did so well at losing i seem to have picked up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!