GROSS! GROSS! GROSS!

Options
I was eating my freshly made salad -- halfway through a really big bug crawled out! He had antennas!! and legs and wings and he was in my salad...

For that? I deserve a whopper and fries for lunch. LOL all the preservatives and cooked and processed!!! no live bugs!

so grossed out!

Replies

• sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    I was eating my freshly made salad -- halfway through a really big bug crawled out! He had antennas!! and legs and wings and he was in my salad...

For that? I deserve a whopper and fries for lunch. LOL all the preservatives and cooked and processed!!! no live bugs!

so grossed out!
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I was just having my lunch :tongue:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Someone on here found a grasshopper in their can of corn or something like that a while ago. NASTY!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Look at it as Extra protein for the day :tongue: and at least you do know your food is fresh and not from a can!!!
  • Francken77
    Francken77 Posts: 5
    Options
    I guess the only bug that would have deterred me from finishing the salad would have been a roach...cicadas are not so bad. I know some landscapers that play a game called, "close your eyes and eat what I shove in your mouth." Mostly a worm/grub diet for them.
  • evie_wundt
    evie_wundt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Please tell me it wasn't lettuce from a bag? I eat that stuff all the time. A couple of years ago, I saw a picture of a bag of lettuce with a frog in it.
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell you guys, but the FDA allows a pretty large amount of bugs into salad greens... more so if its organic. Don't think you're safe if you go for processed food... it just means the bugs (and sometimes worse) are cut up small enough that you can't see it. Red food colouring is generally made from insects as well :laugh:

Just don't think about it too hard, and remember that they don't hurt you. You're better off eating a grasshopper than a whopper :flowerforyou:
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    I guess the only bug that would have deterred me from finishing the salad would have been a roach...cicadas are not so bad. I know some landscapers that play a game called, "close your eyes and eat what I shove in your mouth." Mostly a worm/grub diet for them.

:laugh:

At our local Applebee's, someone found a lizard in their Oriental salad last year. :noway:
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    It happens... I once bought some mayonnaise and half way through there was a dragonfly
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    It happens... I once bought some mayonnaise and half way through there was a dragonfly

that would upset me, because it is not related in any way. in a vagetable, you think, ok, this came from the earth, bugs are sharing the veggies with me, not such a big deal. but dragonfly in mayo...mayo is supposed to be eggs and oil. so where did the dragonfly come from? ewww.
    plus all the mayo had been marinating in dragonfly juices....:sick:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

At our local Applebee's, someone found a lizard in their Oriental salad last year. :noway:

I am afraid to know, but need to know, was it dead or alive? either way it is yucky.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    :sick: :sick: I just threw up in my mouth a little......... :sick: :sick:

i'd totally freak, hate bugs!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

that would upset me, because it is not related in any way. in a vagetable, you think, ok, this came from the earth, bugs are sharing the veggies with me, not such a big deal. but dragonfly in mayo...mayo is supposed to be eggs and oil. so where did the dragonfly come from? ewww.
    plus all the mayo had been marinating in dragonfly juices....:sick:

You mean the dragonfly had been marinating in mayo juices! Mmmmmmmm.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Umm, gross!! :sick: :laugh:

Cicadas are so noisy too! I don't like loud food!! :tongue:

Now, close my eyes and get a nice, sweet, perfectly ripe strawberry...now we're talking!! :love:
  • lose2cruise
    lose2cruise Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm thinking of the restaurant scene from Victor Victoria...:happy:
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options

I am afraid to know, but need to know, was it dead or alive? either way it is yucky.

Dead I'm pretty positive... but I don't think I would like to eat them dead either. :laugh:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    ugh.
  • pacaleco
    pacaleco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please tell us if this salad was from a bag and WHAT BRAND?:sad:
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

alive and well...
    organic, so i guess its not soooo bad.

If i grew it in my own back yard, again, not so bad. But where did it come from and what the heck was it??????????

a lizard in an oriental salad would put me over the edge!
    LOL
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    ugh :sick: