Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

kettlebells

Does anyone else train with them?

If so, what do you put down on here? I can't find kettlebells anywhere on MFP. Or is it called something else?

Thanks in advance

Gemma x

Replies

• CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    I log them as weights, even though there's more cardio in kettlebells. I'd rather underestimate.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Lots of people log it a Circuit Traning.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 352 Member
    I can't find them either I am going to search another site to see if I can find something.....
  • helena260
    helena260 Posts: 83 Member
    I would wear a heart rate monitor so you can see what calories you are burning and then add it to your exercise.
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    USE THE ADD YOUR OWN EXERCISE FEATURE..sorry for the caps, i use this feature especially since i have a HRM
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    I just add it in as a new exercise. I've had to do that with a lot of exercises.
  • I have kettle bells and they are a cardio exercise. Very good I might add!!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Not yet but on my list of things to try!

Check out this Youtube channel. I have been watching these videos for a few months to see how kettlebell training works. looks like fun!

http://www.youtube.com/user/kettlejitsu71
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    I also added them with my HRM monitor results. If you don't have one I would suggest circuit training entry. They are AWESOME!!!!
  • I just started using them myself - I have an HRM and enter what it shows I burn as a new exercise entry. Love them!!! I recommend Bob Harper's Cardio and Sculpt DVDs ... wow
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Invest in a Heart Rate Monitor, how many cals you burn depends on a huge variety of things. Even when I do the exact same workout, be it running, an exercise class or a workout DVD, the number of cals I burn each session can vary enormously. I got my HRM nearly a year ago and it was the best thing (bar MFP) I have ever used to help me achieve my goals.
  • Thanks do much for the responses. You've all convinced me about th HRM. Been researching them for a while. Any recommendations?