snacks

Options
Im on 1200 calories a day and find myself getting so hungry!! Im tryin to keep my sugar intake in check too but i crave chocolate and am struggling finding an alternative thats low in sugar..plz help:indifferent:

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A few of sugestions:

Hot chocolate, sugar free pudding, cocoa kettlecorn (Indiana Popcorn) Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice tea, Quakes rice cake snack come with chocolate drizzle, Chocolatey Delight Special K

Add some exercise so you eat more than 1200 calories.
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Fat free yoghurts, fruit (apples are pretty low), carrot and celery sticks with very low fat houmous dip, low fat cereal/snack bars, baked crisps such as Walkers French Fries or Quavers are very low, like 80 or 90 cals per bag...I also drink lots of water and skimmed milk.
  • lesliek312
    lesliek312 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Emerald Cocoa Roast almonds. High protein, low sugar and you get a chocolate fix. You can even buy them in 100 calorie packs.
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I think if you're really finding it difficult still in a couple of weeks you should consider raising your calories by 100 or maybe 200. I used to be on 1200 a day and was often hungry and always craving things- but now I'm on 1400 a day and eating exercise calories and I don't even feel like I'm on a diet- I can pretty much eat most things I want to. I just had to accept that it will take more patience than before.
    But on the other hand you might be fine with 1200 once you've got used to it and found some filling snacks. Good luck! (:
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    RusseL Stover's sugar free chocolates are really awesome. They satisfy the cravings.
  • tonielcock1983
    tonielcock1983 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions...will def try out a few of those :)
  • Radcliffe83
    Options
    I think you should either exercise more or slightly increase your calories. How many LBS a week are you aiming to lose. I did 2LBS a week and now fin it too hard to stick to 1400. Now I am aiming to lose 1LBS a week and that allows me to have 1800 and then of course I eat my exercise calories. Like an earlier post I don't even feel like I am on a diet. Lose it slower and it is more likely to stay off.
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating foods high in protein and that will fill you up longer. I eat a Marathon protein or an energy bar for breakfast many mornings and that keeps me full for many hours.