Things you see during your run?

Options

Replies

• teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I havn't really seen anything cool or unusual, but I am always on the look out for bag/ briefcase/ full of money
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    As a trail runner: deer, blue heron, razorback hogs, turkeys, buzzards, sunrise on the mountains, mist rising from the river, and my dogs running and swimming free since I run in an isolated location.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    It's funny how many people apparently love seeing road kill... LOL I never would have thought.
    I guess my answer is the opposite, when I get out of my neighborhood and run in the surrounding countryside, I love to see turkeys, geese hawks, deer, etc. I much prefer the beauty of them alive.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    This is a hilarious post! I don't have anything too funny, but lots of beauty. I live far away from large cities. But I see Victoria Canada across a salt water straight, 4 bed and breakfasts on high sea cliffs, the Olympic mountain range, a lighthouse, woods, creeks, rivers, lavendar farms, dairy farms, bays, sailboats etc.

I just had a rungasim,

I love the island so much, in the top 10 most beautiful places in the world. I was at Mnt Washington this summer for a wedding, went for a stellar run there!!!
    RUNGASM! I love it!!!!!!!!!!! Made my day. Think I'll go get one right now!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I saw a flattened kitten the other day. So sad.

I also imagine discovering dead bodies. You know, you always hear "discovered by a jogger" or a dog walker.

Pam

It's funny how many people apparently love seeing road kill... LOL I never would have thought.
    I guess my answer is the opposite, when I get out of my neighborhood and run in the surrounding countryside, I love to see turkeys, geese hawks, deer, etc. I much prefer the beauty of them alive.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I usually see people crossing the road when they spot me... I run with two hoofing great big dogs!

I do this. Not because I assume the worst about you or your dogs but I know a lot of dogs get all curious about someone in their space and start pulling on their leash and I just figure it's easiest for all concerned if I give you a wide berth. I hope it's not seen as rude! :smile:
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    Today I ran at the gym. Usually things don't catch my attention but a man wearing a dress shirt and jeans jumped on a treadmill next to me. Not sure why but he put the treadmill to 8.3 and took off running for 2 minutes. Jumped off the treadmill and left the gym. Really a 2 minute workout in jeans....kinda of a waste of a trip to the gym. I guess at least he walked in that's a start LOL
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Condom wrappers in out of the way parking spaces and a whole lot of yippy little dogs begging to get drop kicked (I never would, but shhh, don't tell them, I think I have a couple of them intimidated now!).
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I was running at my apartment gym when a poor dove flew headlong into the glass windows right in front of me. :(
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Condom wrappers in out of the way parking spaces and a whole lot of yippy little dogs begging to get drop kicked (I never would, but shhh, don't tell them, I think I have a couple of them intimidated now!).
    ROFLMAOOO
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Runners, walkers, squirrels (lots of them), fallen branchs, puddles and potholes, *kitten* hole drivers who speed up even when I'm already crossing a street and really don't need to, elderly people who look at me like I'm insane when I run past them...all the good stuff!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Depending on where & time of year I see lots of different critters

Deer are very common
    squirrels & chipmunks
    geese & ducks
    The occasional turtle
    Various kinds of roadkill
    Lots of people walking dogs
    Groundhogs
    Raccoons
    Herons
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I see deer all the time... I like to think they are Velociraptors (this doesn't get me to run faster) But my Fav thing is hott soldiers :love: ...can you say yummy. Also people walking dogs that look just like them (makes me chuckle)
  • creasonr
    Options
    Saw a coyote pup running the other way. It turned around to look at me and my dog. Usually I only see other dogs behind fences fortunately. I do carry pepper spray just in case.

One time I saw a red fox run across the road in front of us (me and my dog).

Recently saw a bunch of yard maintenance guys taking a break. I heard them say something about "Americano" as I hurredly walked on past. (I don't speak Spanish so I couldn't understand the rest)

Lots of petrified wood around here and sometimes I find pieces to pick up and take home for my rock garden.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    At work today I found:
    three delis.
    A Larry Flynt Hustler Club
    A roadside barbecue stand (DAMN it smelled good)
    A lobster and Seafood warehouse (DITTO!)
    And countless idle industrial yards.

I stopped at none of them
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    There are no good running areas near where I live, so I run a treadmill. But when I'm visiting my mom and run, I run around the duck pond. There are always a lot of people out and ducks and other wild life.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I see deer all the time... I like to think they are Velociraptors (this doesn't get me to run faster) But my Fav thing is hott soldiers :love: ...can you say yummy. Also people walking dogs that look just like them (makes me chuckle)

I see deer all the time too. I ask them to give some of their grace and speed. It doesn't work either. I am going to try the Velociraptor thing next time.

I once saw a dead red fox and it was the saddest thing ever. I see dead things all the time, but this really bothered me. They are one of my favorite animals.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Once I saw a guy crouched down off the trail at my local park. Totally freaked me out, I really think he was just checking his phone, but I booked out of that area fast!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    When I run outside in the spring/summer (I can't in the winter, too much gang activity :-( ) I used to see Hot Shirtless Running Man. It was lovely. He was lovely. *sigh*
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anybody is interested but I put a blog up on my running this past year. I talk about some of the stuff I ran into.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lesle1