New Looking for a support network..

Options
Nellie1drfl
Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
Im new to this site love it so far. Im looking for support fom some myfitnesspal freinds. I have lost no weight after 2 weeks of excercise and one week of dieting and excercise, but Im keeping positive. I suppose I should not weigh myself everyday either. I have 50 lbs to loose and I dont know where to start. The gym is not an option and I have convinced myelf healthy food is too expensive.

Replies

• Nellie1drfl
    Options
    Im new to this site love it so far. Im looking for support fom some myfitnesspal freinds. I have lost no weight after 2 weeks of excercise and one week of dieting and excercise, but Im keeping positive. I suppose I should not weigh myself everyday either. I have 50 lbs to loose and I dont know where to start. The gym is not an option and I have convinced myelf healthy food is too expensive.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Try joining a group :smile: There are lots of them on here. My group just started a new challenge on Tuesday and you can find it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/52782-sixers-slimmer-summer-week-1

We've been REALLY chatty the last couple of days but it's worth a read and you'll get more support and info than you can handle :wink::flowerforyou:
  • susadam1325
    susadam1325 Posts: 10
    Options
    I used to say that too about healthy food being more expensive but just look at all the junk food... a big bag of chips costs at least $3, an orange cost about $1... so you could get 3 for 1 bag of yucky chips... (which I secretly am craving!) Also you can find lots of workouts online and in magazines - most of them don't require lots of weights or props to do them either. Good Luck Nellie!
  • Nellie1drfl
    Options
    Good point Thanks!
  • pacaleco
    pacaleco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I`m having brisk walkings everyday for a minimum of 1 hour.
    I`m tracking all I eat and drink.
    I weight myself EVERY DAY. I don`t want take any chance to fail.
    I have 78 lbs in total to lose and 5 lbs has gone in 4 days.
    I made a tasty and healthy soup with cheap vegetables, that has lots of fibers (keep u full longer), seasoning(curry,cilantro, pepper, thyme, etc) on it and that has been my lunch and dinner.
    I drink for breakfast 1 slimfast shake and I have raisins or carrots for snacks.
    Ah, I`m taking a multivitamins and green tea capsules everyday and lots of water.
    Don`t give up!!!!!:wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Nellie1drfl
    Options
    OK The Scale is not my enemy, and at least Im not gaining. I would love to lose 40 lbs before the end of summer. Could you pass on some of those soup recipes?