How Do You Like Your Eggs?

Options

Replies

• Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I like my eggs over easy, which I ate plenty of while I was pregnant........I also ate cold cuts, hot dogs and bleu cheese (gasp!!)........I think that they give pregnant woman the very worst scenario when suggesting things to avoid while pregnant. Go ahead, have your eggs, you'll be fine!!!!

I agree, I think they give you worst case scenarios. I'm just not a risk taker. :-/ I don't remember where I read it, but salmonella doesn't occur as frequently as it used to. Just make sure you don't use eggs that are already cracked in the carton, and the shells should look clean (that's where the salmonella actually lives). BUT, the risk freaks me out enough to keep me from having them.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Over medium, scrambed with cheese and catsup, in a tortilla with bacon and cheese - have to add hot sauce. YUM making me hungry for eggs tonight :bigsmile:
  • saraboling
    Options
    Boiled! Poached! Omlette! I love eggs! ooga ooga!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I like my eggs over easy, which I ate plenty of while I was pregnant........I also ate cold cuts, hot dogs and bleu cheese (gasp!!)........I think that they give pregnant woman the very worst scenario when suggesting things to avoid while pregnant. Go ahead, have your eggs, you'll be fine!!!!

I agree, I think they give you worst case scenarios. I'm just not a risk taker. :-/ I don't remember where I read it, but salmonella doesn't occur as frequently as it used to. Just make sure you don't use eggs that are already cracked in the carton, and the shells should look clean (that's where the salmonella actually lives). BUT, the risk freaks me out enough to keep me from having them.

I agree with you. I know plenty of mothers who drank, smoked and did all the things you 'arent supposed to' while pregnant and their babies are just fine. If it were me though, I wouldn't want to risk one day having to wonder 'what if?'.

BTW for me, eggs hard cooked are my fave or over medium is ok if they are poached :)
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I prefer mine scrambled or hard boiled
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled, scrambled, and over medium with toast to soak up the runny yolk!!!! YUMMY!!!!!!
  • try2basunbeam
    Options
    scrambled with ketchup
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Unfertilised.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Either an egg white omelet or hard boiled egg whites. I've never been able to stand yolk, even when it's in regular scrambled eggs. But I love egg whites.
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i was generally an over-easy egg girl but i recently learned how to poach eggs and i LOVE them. but, i'm happy w/ eggs just about any way, except hard boiled... yuck!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Slow scrambled with a little bit of cheese and lots of pepper. (Slow scrambled = scramble over really low heat and stir constantly. They'll be extra creamy. It takes about 15 minutes to scramble them.)
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Done!
    Boiled, fried hard, or scrambled hard....with the option of cheese or salsa :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    scrambled with ketchup
    YES! And it's NOT to cover the taste. They just go so well together!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hot and massive.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Straight from the Chickens butt
    Oh my... Is that where they come from?! GROSS!
    No, silly. They come from the grocery store.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm weird about eggs, scrambled or omelet and I'll eat the whole egg, if it's hard boiled I will only eat the whites. I hate the taste/texture of the yolks, even worse after having someone give me eggs with runny yolks. :sick:
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    With all my heart!

Me too. I love my eggs any which way they come, as long as theres some mopping up with buttered bread to be done
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    Egg Beaters scrambled with shredded cheddar, wrapped in a low carb wrap with salsa.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Pizza omelets! (omelette with pizza sauce, mozza and your favorite pizza toppings sauted! Low cal versions of course! LOL)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Scrambled with diced peppers and a little milk, then topped with bacon or ham and shredded cheese and stuck under the broiler for a minute to melt the cheese. Nommmmm.