Blue Team WEEK 2

Options

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    So I am having one of those days where I want to just eat everything in the house, especially if it is chocolate or looks like chocolate. :grumble: I ate a healthy lunch and breakfast, but got lost after that. Help! Days like today I feel out of control--even though I know I have a choice. I hope for a better week this week if only I can curb my sugar addiction!! :embarassed:

Good work everyone, we did great! Just standing on the scale and acknowledging where we are is progress!

So this week we will be drinking our water, exercising x min x days, and I would like to add eating at least 4 fruits and vegies servings for at least 4 days of the week. :wink:

How does that sound?
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    Way to go team! A pretty impressive week totalled all together. Hope next week is even better!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    What can I do to stop eating of a night, like 30 minutes or so before I go to bed? How can I conquer that?

I think you and I need to keep busy someway, cause I'm so bad for night snacking. If you eat nuts as an evening snack-almonds, walnuts, it gives you good fats, and is low on the glycemic range and it is slow to digest so has been recommended to eat then. I'll also have diet yogurt too.

I read so many fitness and nutrition mags before bed, I have a TON of knowledge, just wish it would qualify for a job, cause I love it. Any questions, feel free to ask me and I'll either research it or tell you what know. I'm also a Clinical Resource Nurse and have Fitness Theory Course background. Just thought I'd let you know that I do know info, and am not just a know it all.:wink:

Carrie6o6-sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, just a worried Mama, that's all.:heart:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    No offence taken. It takes a lot to offend me.. I didnt mean to sound defensive if I did! :smile:

I HATE weigh in day.. I always trip right after thinking :"well im doing well, I can slack a bit"

Just like today! At work I had a bun.. Which was dinner.. Yes I know not a lot but I had a lot today... I am the "wing" girl. Wednesdays nights are wing night... I NEVER eat wings.. But tonight I probably had about 15! Plus a few fries here and there... And then just now when I got home.. was craving something sweet so had a few bites of my kids chocolate easter bunny hahaha I feel like crap! I know I had too much today, I can feel it! Well too much junk anyways!! hahaha
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    What can I do to stop eating of a night, like 30 minutes or so before I go to bed? How can I conquer that?

I conquered my nighttime hunger by eating more calories during the day - earlier in the day. I eat most of my calories before 3pm. It really helped and now I only find myself hungry at night if I didn't eat enough earlier.
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good job everyone on week 1! And Good Luck for week 2. My challenge for this week is to work out an extra day....6 instead of 5. Also, I need to fit in more fruit and veggies. When I started this, I was eating fruit for snacks, but I've been finding "healthier" sweet substitutions like 100 Calorie Packs and such. So, I've been eating those instead. I probably only get in 3 servings of fruit and veg per day, so I will try to get at least 5 this week. I hope you all have a great week.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Ugh this headcold got worse over night...I'm feelin like pooo. :sick:
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    Woohoo! Way to go everyone!! My fitness goal is to excercise every day!! Either curves or 30 day shread!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Rach - get some rest! Hope you feel better soon...

I use to always snack before bed - if I eat a good breakfast, I am not hungry in the evening....
    Yesterday was a rest day for me - after like 10 days straight, my body was saying WOOOOO - so I rested and feel better...
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Morning everyone! Thanks for the ways I can conquer night time snacking.
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Checking in with my weight...131.4 It isn't good but it could have been worse. I am hoping this gain is just water and will fall back off easily!

Here's my problem and my plan to conquer it: I have convinced myself that if it isn't a regular, "normal" routine week, I am free to eat whatever and however I want. My husband was out of town for 4 days this week and we had also gone away last Friday-Sat, so I ate anything, and thus the 2 pound gain. What I need to remember is that from now until the end of August, I am not going to be having "normal" weeks anymore. The kids will be home from school, we'll be traveling more, there will be all kinds of summer cookouts and parties, etc. I am sure many of you will be in this same boat.

So, my plan: I am taking things day by day and THIS WEEK, I am committing to logging EVERY BITE of food I take, honestly, so I can see those numbers add up! Today I already did my pushups (65 in five sets!) and will be running 3-4 miles this afternoon. I'm grabbing my water bottle right now and heading to work!

Thanks for the accountability! Kathy
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Way to go everyone!! My fitness goal is to excercise every day!! Either curves or 30 day shread!!!

I just ordered Jillian's-Hot Bod in a Box? Will it be a really hard workout? I haven't seen any of her videos or workouts-besides the show of course.

Rach-drink lots of water, it'l help thin the mucous so you're not as stuffy.:drinker
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    My fitness challenge is to workout 5 times a week.

:drinker:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I just did Jillian's Boost metabolism workout this morning--I sure am feeling it even though she didn't even make you lift weights. She loves to make you jump, kick and move and is tough, but the best part is that she talks you through. I had told myself I would only go 30 min and ended up doing the whole thing. I have not been disappointed with one of workouts yet.:happy: Worn out but not disappointed:bigsmile:
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I did it! I REALLY did not want to exercise this morning. I was making every excuse not to go. I knew I should go, but I couldn't decide....taebo....gym....park. Finally, I just got in the car. Ended up at the park. I did 4 miles and worked legs. I burned 680 calories. Of course, now I'm glad I didn't just sit on the couch. Now, it's lunch time!!!! :happy:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been much of a poster today guys! Between this cold and issues with my BF I'm feeling super cruddy and just want to go to bed. I haven't spoken to him since he tolf me I'm 'always mean' last night. I'm thinking, the person who you owe over $4.5k to, that covers your half of the bills and groceries when you can't, has given you hundreds of dollars worth of parts for your car, and just bought you new shoes last weekend, is aaaaaalways mean!?! :sad: I seriously HATE the word always.

Anyway, at least I drove all the way home for lunch, because I knew if I went to my mom's like I usually do I would devour my brother's birthday cake thats in her fridge. :tongue:
  • mrwatson
    mrwatson Posts: 66
    Options
    I started to post a rant this morning about how much I do not want to exercise. My morning was a lot like pshook.

As I was writing, I realized how much whining I was doing and decided I would be better off getting exercise in my schedule rather than whining to the blue team. I ended up burning about 388 calories by walking up and down hills in my neighborhood.

RachVR6, I hope you are taking care of yourself. Sounds like you made a good choice going home for lunch. You know, you could lose 150 lbs (more or less) instantly by dumping that BF of yours:tongue:
    I hate the words "always" and "never" too. I am sure once your BF gives it some thought, he will realize what a good catch he has and that his statement was way out of line.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    RachVR6, I hope you are taking care of yourself. Sounds like you made a good choice going home for lunch. You know, you could lose 150 lbs (more or less) instantly by dumping that BF of yours:tongue:
    I hate the words "always" and "never" too. I am sure once your BF gives it some thought, he will realize what a good catch he has and that his statement was way out of line.

Haha I'd lose a nice 250lb. :laugh: I mean I try to be understanding and everything and when I voice my opinion he thinks I'm being mean. I let him know I'm just trying to help and make this more efficient or have a better result. I dunno. Maybe I'll just stay out of things and let him do what he wants. And no more buying the junk food he wants until he pays for his half of the last 12 grocery trips :laugh:

Boys....ugh. :wink:
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    I know when I get home from work I am sometimes STARVING. I don't want to ruin all my hard work through out the day by eating something too heavy right before bed, so I will drink an 8oz glass of skim milk. that gived me about 80 calories, but it will also give me about 8 grams of protein which I know will help me feel satiated and not hungry. I always wake up humgry, though, so I iknow I'm not eating too much.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Rach: Sorry to here your having such a tough time. Hope you get over your cold soon.

I used to have a BF, wasted 4 years with him, I did everything for him but wipe his *ss. He did appreciate anything and always expected more. I finally got rid of him, it took months to get him out of my house. When i finally did I was so relieved and happy. I later went on to meet the most wonderful man, who in my eyes is perfect. Don't settle, you deserve to be treated well and loved.

take care:flowerforyou: