Kicked out of Olive Garden? Perhaps.

Options
124»

Replies

• SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Maybe he fancies you and is trying to cover it up?

(I am making a serious suggestion here not a snarky one)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Classic one liners: (it sounds like that's all he understands anyway)
    Enjoy dinner!

Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.

I'm already visualizing the masking tape over your mouth.

I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.

How about never? Is never good for you?

I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

At least I have a positive attitude about my destructive habits.

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

LOL I am so stealing this. Thanks .
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that I really hope she comes back and posts that she did throat punch him?

I don't care. I still do. THROAT PUNCH THAT DUDE!!
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd probably act bored with the comments...and say something like, "Really? We're STILL talking about this? All this time and you can't think of anything better to talk about than my weight?"

If he realizes he's not getting under your skin, maybe he'll stop...some people just enjoy pushing other people's buttons.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I like the one liner thing.

Me I am not shy when someone goes out of there way to mean to me, I would say something to effect...
    "That is what I miss so much about you when your not around, your ability to act like a jack *kitten* just by opening your mouth!"
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Sounds perfectly acceptable, but I must say, it sounds like your husband needs to grow a pair. If anyone, especially a family member, would ever make a comment about my wife, they'd get one verbal warning only. The 2nd time, they would be leaving on a stretcher.
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Dude... you should shank him. What a total douche! Enjoy your breadsticks.

You could shank him WITH a breadstick!

Yea I agree! lol

That is very rude of him. He is insecure and enjoy the fact that you're healthy and happy in your own skin. :D
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you.

I know the feeling of Family being A-holes.

We went to my fathers 60th birthday at a family restaurant (Childrens menu etc) with my twins.

Daughter 1 sat colouring in. Daughter 2 was crying as she was hungry. We calmed her down and then she had a bit of a wimper. Old croney (lady in her 70's) complained to the manager about the noise in a "Family" restaurant and we were asked to leave by the manager.

We packed my twins up my wife and I stood up to be greeted with a set of house keys and to be told there was some bread and soup in the kitchen cupboards at my parents.

They stayed to have their dinner with my sister. Other way round I would have been one out all out.

I can understand your pain and wish i could offer you advice on how to deal with it. Here if you need to vent and you can be safe in the knowledge you are not alone with A-hole families.

Good luck and enjoy the food. I love olive garden. Sadly the nearest one is 5,000 miles away. Send me some bread sticks and chicken and gnocci soup please ;o)

That is totally shocking!:noway:

And OP. You go girl. The guy must have a major hangup about his own apperance to pick on you that way.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Dude... you should shank him. What a total douche! Enjoy your breadsticks.

You could shank him WITH a breadstick!

^^^^^ do this! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,714 Member
    Options
    Having dinner w my hubbys family tonight. All well and good except his cousin's asshat of a husband is going to be there. He makes some sort of sneaky, subtle, snarky comment about my weight or how I look every time we see him. Every.Single.Time. My husband has even talked to him about it. At my largest, I was a size 12, by the way. I swear to God if he makes a fat joke or comments on how many breadsitcks I eat ( I plan on having as many as I feel like, btw) I will punch him in the throat with one of my new kick *kitten* kickboxing moves. So if any of you hear on the news about a woman getting kicked out of the Olive Garden,it was me and he had it coming.
    Which Olive Garden? :bigsmile: I see we're practically neighbors. Just wondering if I should try to stop by for the show. :wink:
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I got you on hurting him. Totally got your back. Love the idea of soup in the lap. Love the idea of stiffing him with the check.

Part of what I love about all of this, is that perhaps the annual dinners would end. The responsible adult in me feels a need to say something, though i keep shoving that gag back in her mouth, it isn't working. What the responsible adult thinks is that you could say, "oh, while I'd love to see my cousin, Mr. Asshat is not welcome. If he will be attending, I guess I'll just have to give you my regards and wishes that you manage to have an enjoyable evening despite his presence" Letting people know that your line is in the sand and he will not cross it, is assertive and ok.

The rest of me argues with Ms. Reponsible Adult that kicking him in the nads essentially communicates the same thing and avoids this ugly mess for next year. I'm cheering for any and all options that puts this $hithead in his place.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I was really hoping for an update. Hopefully she'll tell us how it went.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Lmao. Love the last line of that.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    We will get a collection together to bail you out of jail. I get rude comments from my brother in-law about my eating habits sometimes {I am over weight and newly diagnosed diabetic} he thinks he knows it all. I finally called him out in front of the rest of the family. My wife told me that she was thankful I did not just stand-up and verbally and physically tear him a new orifice. Enjoy Olive Garden, I do.
  • shanjen27
    shanjen27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    First, he is a total DB for having ANYTHING to say to you about your weight. You look gorgeous.

2nd: Your husband should shut him down.

3rd. Don't go out with his sorry *kitten*

4th Laugh at him & feel pity for his wife...why is he so concerned with you?

And lastly my beautiful fit pal, any dude that has to take the time to insult a woman is a loser. Dont' waste your precious energy on him. Although, I do want to kick his *kitten* for ya. Can you keep us posted on the end result??