Couple questions? [Input Opinion Here]

Options
:smile: So... I have a few little questions I need some answers to please & thanks I truly appreciate it....:flowerforyou:

I also; need to vent :grumble: " I left my lunch and snack at home today. Woke up later then usual been doing that a lot lately.... and so I was hungry and our office is so UN-HEALTHY i grabbed a brownie made in Georgie from this little bakery called cheryl's. Mind you I live in Washington. They weren't even that good and I just downed 310 calories! --_-- I take full responsibility but honestly..:explode: I am so angry right now."

I ate like crap this morning. I have only had starbucks coffee and a brownie that tasted like garbage. Nothing good.....
Question 1: Can I exercise off the calories in that brownie.... and not have it effect me if I eat healthy the rest of the day?
Question 2: What exercises can burn 300+ calories in 45 minutes to an hour...
Question 3: Should I, (On normal less fatty days) eat my burned calories as well to lose weight? I am skeptical

Replies

• wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I just lost control when I saw those donuts :( 30 minute jog could burn over 300 calories or you could walk for an hour. The brownie won't ruin your day if you stay on track for the rest of the day. I think your suppose to eat your exercise calories though.
  • jlr_12
    jlr_12 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If you burn off the calories from the brownie, then you're in the clear. No worries. Think of any exercise you want to do, and look it up in the exercise tracker...punch in your time limit and see how many calories it burns. In 30-45 mins there's lots you can do to burn 300 cals...jog, zumba, dance, elliptical...As for eating your exercise calories burned, normally you should. If you don't have an HRM to figure out how many calories you're actually burning, then I'd suggest eating 50-75% of them back, since the numbers on here and on exercise machines normally over-estimate calories burned.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    1. You can absolutely work off the calories!
    2. Running or jogging will burn that many calories in that amount of time with no problem.
    3. You can eat your burned calories. I have lost 30 pounds on here eating all of my burned (or earned as I like to call them) calories. Some people will tell you not to, but unless you're obese or extremely overweight, it's a good idea to eat them to keep fueling your body. :-) Good luck with everything!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Stay within your calories the rest of the day. But remember what you put in you must also take out. Arc trainer is a great way to burn calories. Easy on the joints. I've never eaten back the calories I burn working out and I have consistenly lost weight doing this. Good luck.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    You can eat like "crap" and still lose weight as long as you are burning more calories (by daily activities and exercise) than you are taking in. Did you ever hear of the guy who went on a Twinkie diet and lost weight?

It's not GOOD for you to do that but you can. When you eat a brownie, you are using calories that you could be using to eat something more healthy, like a chicken breast or cottage cheese or something. So if a lot of your daily calories are used up eating junk then you don't have as many calories left to eat the foods that your body really needs.

So to answer your questions:
    #1 If you "exercise off the brownie" you are opening up more calories to be used for a more nutritious food choice.
    #2 That depends on the person. I'd say circuit training and something like Zumba burn a decent amount of calories though.
    #3 Yes, you should eat your burned calories.
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Answer to 1: Yes and No. Mind you there are more in the foods you eat than just calories. You can exercise to burn off the calories, but that doesn't mean you can eat sugar all day, work out, and still be considered "healthy". But 1 brownie, no big deal.

Answer to 2: There are many, but jogging is my favorite. I burn about 800 calories and hour jogging according to my HRM.

Answer to 3: Depends on your calorie deficit. If you are set to 1200 limit per day, then yes you should eat them back. You don't want to end up at 1000 net calories a day and put your body in starvation mode.