For those of you who work out at home with DVDS....

Options

Replies

• abetterme33
    Options
    If you can get your hands on both, do a hybrid workout between Insanity and P90X.

An example can be found here

http://pledgetostayfit.com/documents/p90x_insanity_hybrid_workout_schedule.pdf

This is the workout I am starting as of Monday. The last 3 weeks I have done a little of each work out(About 15 mins or so) just to get familiar with the moves.

Best of luck!
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    P90x is Awesome & very "modifiable" making it suitable for all abilities. About to start P90X2 in Janaury but a bit more equipment is needed to get the best from that series. Not done them but have heard great things about Turbofire & Chalenextrme (think I spelt them right). Also they have a forum type style like mfp where you can get advice, etc :)

Russ
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Favorite is P90X, just started P90X2 .

I also like Rushfit, and Chalene Extreme.

Did not like Julliene Micheal's (boring and so so results)

Did not like Hip Hop Abs, just not a Shawn T fan
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels. Her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism dvd is very tough. I also like her No More Trouble Zones and 30 Day Shred. You can purchase ALL 3 of those dvds on Amazon for like $24.

I aslo love, love, love Chalean Extreme. I find her very motivating. I actually look forward to her workouts.
  • Reaper1219
    Reaper1219 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    P90X is an extreme workout for your house. All you need is a door pull-up bar, and some weights.P90X is a cardio/weight trainer which lasts 90 days. I have done this and lost 35lbs. Insanity is also a good workout program which is mostly cardio, which last 60 days. The Brazillian butt lift DVD's just came out which work your abs, your legs, and mostly the butt area. All of these work outs really do work, only if you keep up with the meal and proper nutrition. All of these products I just mentioned are Beach Body products. Check out the website. I hope this helped.
  • mheightchew
    Options
    I love ANYTHING Jillian Michael's!!!! Just got her new Xtreme Shred & Shed and it is kicking my butt!!!!! I like Leslie Sansone too for the days I need to break things up or add in some extra cardio.
  • Ladydrake12
    Ladydrake12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Insanity! I love the way it kicks my butt every workout.
  • traymast
    Options
    If you go on Amazon people rate the videos I have been happy with all of them that I bought so far..

My Whole Collection is made up of 10 minute workouts that I can mix and match and add to, the only one that isn't is Jillian which is why I save her for when i'm really bad...its a committment to do that workout!

My Collection:
    10 Minute Trainer w/ Tony Horton including his bonus One on One videos...Killer!
    I do Jillian No More Trouble Zones when I've been bad and need a really good workout
    Muffin Top Meltdown is good (Golds Gym)!
    I have 2 10 Minute Solutions: Blast off Belly Fat, I LOVE Kickbox Bootcamp, both are great
    I have Kathy Smith Lift Weights to lose weight...she is EXTREMELY annoying but the workout is really good so I deal with it

And I just bought Angie Miller Kettlebell Bootcamp - Its really good too. I have a 15 lb ketlle bell - 10 lb is better to start I think...

I cancelled my Planet Fitness Gym membership and figured I can have quite the collection for $10 bucks a month!

Good Luck!!

I get bored ...now I have a great selection :)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Question about the pull up bars....do they sell longer ones for extra wide doorways? Or do I need to move my TV?
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    you can buy wider pull up bars from Amazon.com. (depending on how wide you need)

I had to get a wider one, then the standard size, for my door way
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks :-)
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Insanity!! Asylum!! Anything Bob Harper!! Her is so much bretter than Jillian Michael (IMO)....I also enjoyed The Firm videos in the past. Shaun T and Bob kick my *kitten* almost every day!! They ROCK!,
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Billy Blanks Boot-camp Inferno, 30 Day Shred, Jackie Warner 30 Day Fast Start.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Anything Jillian michaels. Ive done ripped in 30, 30 day shred, and yoga meltdown. I can't afford a gym membership and my little boy only takes short naps so the 30 minute workouts are perfect for me! I'm borrowing p90x from a friend now and in week two and its tough but so far I love it!

This!!!

JM is amazing Yoga Meltdown was my first with two levels its good to help prevent boredom and JM is hillarous!! 30 day shred is known around here for changing peoples measurments quick and its a fun workout with 3levels

Good luck!
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like back-to-back Jillian Michaels. I'll do Ripped in 30 followed by 6 Week 6 Pack on one day then Ripped in 30 followed by Killer Buns and Thighs the next day, and keep rotating them.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    My favorite workout is Tae Bo.
  • seano4fitness
    Options
    I love P90X & Insanity. I'm just starting P90X2 and really like it so far as it is more about functional fitness that can be used in the real world - your body as a system.

I also did a hybrid round with P90X/Insanity and it combines the best of both of them yet is still modifiable for people at different fitness levels. I'll also say that I scoffed at home workout DVD's until about a year ago when I decided to finally try it out for myself - mostly did workouts at the gym.

I'm now singing a different tune since there are MANY benefits to having your workout at home where you control the environment, no commute time, no waiting for equipment, no need to avoid a machine or wipe it down first if someone left copious sweat behind, etc.
  • akyraj2006
    akyraj2006 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i love love love TURBO FIRE!! i also have a walking video from leslie sansone but it can't compare to my turbo fire because it comes with a prep schedule, reg schedule and an advanced schedule, which help me in knowing what to do when and there is never any question about what's next!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    anything zumba, especially the zumba 2 wii. it comes with a belt and counts your calories.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I like P90X, Insanity and P90X 2 :)