No.
  • Naivea
    Naivea Posts: 22
    Options
    Cold weather or ice etc can not make you fat
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I remember you, and know English is not your first language... Whatever you're trying to ask isn't quite coming through, I'm sorry to say!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't think that the cold can make a person fat. I do think that the cold weather and the fewer hours of daylight can deter people from working out. I also think that people tend to crave heavier foods in the winter due to the slower pace of life that seems to follow the fewer hours of daylight. Fight through it! Shoveling snow burns tons of calories.
  • JulieTremblay
    Options
    because when i go on the weigh machine and its cold and i cold i take weigh and when its worm i loose weigh???
  • JulieTremblay
    Options
    thanks
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Ok, time for my sensible post.

It could also be that the scales you have are affected by the cold/warmth. Maybe condensation is getting in.

More than likely though it's just a coincidence. I wouldn't worry about it :)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Is the cold can make a fat person

Yes it does,thats why I move south every winter
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Is the cold can make a fat person

Yes it does,thats why I move south every winter

I should move south for the winter... with you...
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    If I attempted to communicate in Spanish, which I really cannot speak despite the earnest efforts of several Spaniards over a matter of months, I would sound like a very dumb toddler. However my abilities in my second language are not indicative of my intelligence.

However, word salad, of which there are several awesome examples above, is generally not a skill available to the non-psychotic person. Just sayin. I assume you all had to work hard at that. I congratulate you.

My confusion is this: isn't the scale inside and therefore warm? And the scale being inside, wouldn't you also be inside? Therefore wouldn't you be in a reasonably warm temperature range?
  • sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    no... otherwise a lot of people living in Colorado, Utah, Washington, and many other cold-ish states in the US would be fatter than average (and that is not the case).
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    People, don't make fun of someone's English skills when it's not their first language. Save it for the born and bred English speaking folk when they can't spell "lose" or "weight", etc.

To Julie, no, cold in itself won't make anyone fat. It's possible people are less active outdoors (less likely to take walks, etc), but that doesn't stop someone from exercising inside. I have also found that the cold weather makes me crave richer foods but if you're keeping track of calories this shouldn't be a problem. :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Je suppose que vous parlez français parce que vous êtes de l'Ontario. J'ai utilisé un traducteur, afin que vous aurez au moins un utilisables réponse à votre question. Le temps froid ne sera que vous vous fat si vous réduisez votre niveau d'activité en raison de cela. J'ai effectivement lu que températures froides vous aidera brûler plus de calories pendant l'exercice car l'organisme doit produire plus de chaleur.
  • Boring2Fit
    Options
    Oh I understand :) Well actually some believe that the cold weather actually helps weight loss because the body burns more energy trying to keep warm.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/cold-temperatures-facilitate-weight-loss/story?id=12770314

Hope this helps :)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    because when i go on the weigh machine and its cold and i cold i take weigh and when its worm i loose weigh???

quand il fait froid, mes doigts sont certainement plus petits -- ma classe ring obtient beaucoup plus lâches. mais je ne pense pas que votre poids changera radicalement chaude ou froide.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options

quand il fait froid, mes doigts sont certainement plus petits -- ma classe ring obtient beaucoup plus lâches. mais je ne pense pas que votre poids changera radicalement chaude ou froide.

YAY the question was answered! And all I can make out from Junior High French class is that when its cold, certainly something, but not a lot. Then again, a whole bunch of more something else. But I don't think your pounds change radically hot OR cold.

See, I'm a very not bright toddler when I attempt to receive communication in a different person's language. Servilla is right.
  • servilia
    Options

Let me give it a shot:
    When it's cold, my fingers shrink. My class ring becomes loose. But I don't think your weight will change radically from either heat or cold.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

YAY the question was answered! And all I can make out from Junior High French class is that when its cold, certainly something, but not a lot. Then again, a whole bunch of more something else. But I don't think your pounds change radically hot OR cold.

See, I'm a very not bright toddler when I attempt to receive communication in a different person's language. Servilla is right.

Just use an internet translator like I did with my response.
  • servilia
    Options
    I hope it was right, otherwise taking French through first year university was a waste lol :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I hope it was right, otherwise taking French through first year university was a waste lol :)

That is basically the same translation that I got on the internet translator that I used. Which makes me feel pretty confident in my response since I wasn't sure how well the site worked.