Hangover Cure?

Options
2»

Replies

• axman19
    axman19 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Tagament, before you start and every 2 hours or so while you are drinking. Never believed in the stuff, but tried it and it works. Been using it for months. Target's generic version works to and it is 80% cheaper.
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    McDonald's Fries and a Filet 'O Fish... must be the B-vitamins (ha!)
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Fries and a Filet 'O Fish... must be the B-vitamins (ha!)

hahah!! totally. and those healthy polyunsaturated fatty acids .. good for the heart :)
  • Ladydrake12
    Ladydrake12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The night of, make sure to drink lots and LOTS of water and eat a slice of bread before going to bed. Then, if I am a little nauseous in the morning, I take rolaids. Not sure why, but they do the trick nicely!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Vitamin water revive.... thats 20 mins and your ready to go
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Vitamin water revive.... thats 20 mins and your ready to go
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Last hangover I had I drank a 5 hour energy shot and felt much better.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    It was the only time I'd eat them because normal me freaking hated them, but hungover me LOVED Sausage McGriddles and McD hashbrowns...ugh. Once I went GF all I wanted when hung over was baked omelets with more veggies and rice then eggs, I haven't figured out a cure since I realized eggs made me sick.

What I have learned is that taking two B12 pills and drinking a litre of water pretty much guarantees I won't have a hangover in the morning.
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water before bed. Don't take Tylenol! Double the insult to your liver! :)
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    who wrote that article lol?

the causes of a hangover are when your brain cannot control vasopressins ( they control how often you go to the bathroom after eating and drinking) causing fast dehydration ( from which water has to be taken from the brain to control electrolyte levels) this process is what gives you those headaches ,also the tiredness you feel is the lack of glucose in your bloodstream due to most of it being expelled the night before in urine.

^^if you cant be bothered to read this, in the morning drink a fair amount of water , eat a fair amount of carbs to replenish your stores and eat something potassium rich like bananas.
  • MarkTheFatKid
    Options
    Although not always the smartest or healthiest, the most effective way for me to cure a hangover is to start drinking again. "Hair of the dog." A lot of hangovers are triggered by the body's reaction to ridding itself of the alcohol. So, bloody marys are a great way to kick-start the day if you aren't on your way to work. :)

Time is obviously most important factor in feeling better, but there are things you can do to speed up the process after a night out. I've never been a fan of using ibuprofen or tylenol to cure the symptoms because of the harm it can possibly do to your liver, which is already screaming at you after the 6th martini, haha.

Dehydration is a huge reason why you aren't feeling well. Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day and before you go to sleep to help with the next morning. Gatorade (for electrolytes), bananas (for potassium), coffee (just for the caffeine to wake your body up,) greasy breakfasts work for a lot of people, and of course plenty of water. These things have worked for me!

Sorry this is so long! Bottoms up!
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    I swear by blue powerade. In my heavy-drinking days my close friends would know when I had a crazy night bc I would drink a giant blue powerade. Now that I have significantly cut back on my drinking, I hope I don't have a hangover on Sunday. I've got to remember to drink a ton of water and take an ibuprofen before I go to bed!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    GREASY food cures my hangover instantly.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of menudo.....must be a Mexican thing. :-)

No it's not. It's the best food for a hangover.